fz6 s1 factory (throttle) restriction help

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
hey all ,
ill get straight to the point and cut a long story short , i want to remove the restrictor plate however when i unscrewed it theres no other plate as ive read in other threads here on the forum that there is another plate , i think they may have been the s2 version? so i guess rather than pay a few quid for a different plate i can just cut a bit off myself - im a metal fabricator by trade so this isnt an issue for me .

ok so what i need to know is should i cut a piece of the actual stop plate (marked A in the last photo ) or the movable stop connected to the throttle (marked B) i see there is a 2nd movable stop behind that stop (C) so id like to know which i should cut :confused:

ive measured the gap and its about 9mm from fixed plate (A) to the moving stop (B) could anyone give me the correct distance between these two points as i dont want to cut to much rendering that plate useless as the moving stops wouldnt even hit it if to much is cut off ! or to little off the plate not giving full power or indeed if its the B stop ive to cut (which would make more sense to me) then i guess the distance/measurement wont matter !

thanks in advance
Myles :Flash:

Last edited:

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
Catwithball.gif
NoPity.gif

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i ended up just bending back part B on the photo - thanks for all the replies this forum is extremely helpful

As Nelly stated, most are not familiar with your mod/fix. A search may have helped. I, and several other VERY competant members, would have chimed in. :thumbup:

I just took some pictures of my throttle stop (UN-RESTRICTED), open and closed. It does appear to move 90 degree's as it should for full opening.

Comparing pictures, it seems that not is the actual stop(that bolts to the TB) different, but the TB shaft end is somewhat different as well...

Last edited:

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
i did search and all i found was s2 info on how to remove restrictor plates ive an s1 european spec which is sold restricted to 33bhb basically a 250cc there wasnt much/any info as far as i recall , so thats why i made the post and i highlighted it yesterday as commenting on that hungarian dudes post about extra power although slightly different he can still achieve more power by bending the stop but without a 2nd stop like my bike has (C in the photo) hes probably best cutting the plate :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i did search and all i found was s2 info on how to remove restrictor plates ive an s1 european spec which is sold restricted to 33bhb basically a 250cc there wasnt much/any info as far as i recall , so thats why i made the post and i highlighted it yesterday as commenting on that hungarian dudes post about extra power although slightly different he can still achieve more power by bending the stop but without a 2nd stop like my bike has (C in the photo) hes probably best cutting the plate :thumbup:
What year is your bike? The changes came in spring 2008.

Neil

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
its an 08 reg Neil , but its the 06/07 model , i wanted the s2 as it was only coming out in Ireland but apparently the s2 wasnt available as factory restricted? whether thats a waffle or not i didnt know i didnt have a full licence so had to be restricted - i took some more pics for this thread just showing what i did , im guessing this restriction is only for uk/ireland

062_zps18c01cd8.jpg

068_zps0b134a45.jpg

066_zpsf424e469.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So you now have the full fat version lol. Looks easy enough to restrict again in required.
The FZ6 was also restricted to boost S2 sales. According to some posts those bikes had a restrictor in the throttle cam. The various confusion between how the model was restricted probably stems from there.
Neil
Fancy doing a day at Mondello in the summer?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So is that all you have to do to bump up the output is either bend out that first tab(or cut off) and your at full 98HP?

No other changes??

I'm not saying they did this but, it would be SOOOOOOOOOO easy to put a restrictor in the fuel line and leave everything else alone. Thus making 2 simple changes that work together to keep you bloks from tampering and for only pennies. . . That would also keep it from revving but it would destroy the engine IF the throttle stop was removed and it was left. Just something to keep in mind.

Ps - hang on when it hits 9k in 1st gear! It wakes up! :eek: :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not saying they did this but, it would be SOOOOOOOOOO easy to put a restrictor in the fuel line and leave everything else alone. Thus making 2 simple changes that work together to keep you bloks from tampering and for only pennies. . . That would also keep it from revving but it would destroy the engine IF the throttle stop was removed and it was left. Just something to keep in mind.

Ps - hang on when it hits 9k in 1st gear! It wakes up! :eek: :thumbup:

From the pic's previously, it looks like its just the additional tab limiting throttle opening. For most folks, they wouldn't be able to figure how to bypass that stop, for Yamaha, I suspect, they wouldn't go any further as it wouldn't be needed..

I'm just curious as to WHAT causes (and/or bumps the HP to 98), is it just the additional throttle stop?

Hopefully, a member doing this mod, WILL POST if the butterflys are indeed limited in their opening (likely), and if removing/bending the tab gets them the full 98 HP (not just opening the TB's fully)...

I suspect seat of the pants testing will give a good idea going from 1/4 throttle to 100% throttle

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
i did something simular about 4 years ago when i was restircted. My throttle was restricted to about 1/3 of actual roation, there was no other restriction fitted other than a tab on the throttle coil to stop you opening the throttle full. 2 second job on my one, unbolt the little plate they had bolted in using th standard fixing and done. full throttle and full power.

going from approx 250 > 600 in 1 min.

Makes a hell of a diference on the pants test LOL

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
So is that all you have to do to bump up the output is either bend out that first tab(or cut off) and your at full 98HP?

No other changes??

id say its 78hp and not 98 as far as i can see us europeans got shafted with 20less horsies and the 2nd stop still isnt as far back as ive seen in 98hp versions , i guess when ive time ill lift the petrol tank and check the throttle bodies like u guys have recommended but the documents i got with the bike say 600cc but 25kw is the max power on there, but yeah i bend that 1st stop back and it is like a totally different bike so much more power - before basically 4th/5th gear was useless as u didnt go any faster than u wud in 3rd , lets just say that now ive probably only used 5th gear a handful of times

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i did something simular about 4 years ago when i was restircted. My throttle was restricted to about 1/3 of actual roation, there was no other restriction fitted other than a tab on the throttle coil to stop you opening the throttle full. 2 second job on my one, unbolt the little plate they had bolted in using th standard fixing and done. full throttle and full power.

going from approx 250 > 600 in 1 min.

Makes a hell of a diference on the pants test LOL

So it was a SEPARATE PLATE, NOT attached to the throttle actuator?

I only ask as the pictures posted here, appears to have several stops as part of the acutator.. of course removing the closest one is allowing the throttles to open, hopefully 100% (or 90 degrees)

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
id say its 78hp and not 98 as far as i can see us europeans got shafted with 20less horsies and the 2nd stop still isnt as far back as ive seen in 98hp versions , i guess when ive time ill lift the petrol tank and check the throttle bodies like u guys have recommended but the documents i got with the bike say 600cc but 25kw is the max power on there, but yeah i bend that 1st stop back and it is like a totally different bike so much more power - before basically 4th/5th gear was useless as u didnt go any faster than u wud in 3rd , lets just say that now ive probably only used 5th gear a handful of times

It should get to triple digits now pretty quick and alot more fun.. Now ya need some aftermarket pipes to sound as good as it now runs!

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
It should get to triple digits now pretty quick and alot more fun.. Now ya need some aftermarket pipes to sound as good as it now runs!

well i have done twice the triple digits if u get me :spank: where as before in 5th it struggled to go 130 (kmph) it was weird u could go faster in 3rd than u could in 4th and 5th gear with the restriction i never did get that! i need a new front end before any pipes mate --

Neil - i must a skipped over ur message i doubt my pilot road tyres would do in mondello id be on the dirt if i tried to lean into a corner ! but if ur doing any runs id be into that , i recently got involved in "motorcycling for charity" we did dublin to sligo was good fun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocrpKP2UihU&feature=plcp]motorcycling for charity 15/9/12 Cheeverstown house to Sligo run - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you find the bike without the restriction? as far as i know the plate is the only restriction, asleast it is for mine ;)