Fz6 records

K Rig

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for fun, I'd like to see who holds some records with their Fz6.

Who has gone on the longest trip on their Fz6, distance and time it took if you remember

Who has racked up the most mileage on their Fz6

Coldest ride

Stuff like that, anything cool you can think of

Just for fun, I'd like to see who holds some records with their Fz6... anything cool you can think of

Sometimes I ride with a really fast group and I've gotten lost on 100% of the rides I've gone on with them (well, I've gone on two rides with them). I can't tell if they are just way ahead of me or if I'm going the wrong direction! haha

My record: Highest percentage of getting lost on rides. :eek:

Hopefully we'll see some more admirable records posted here soon. :D

Most bugs squashed on a faceshield?

I rode through a grasshopper swarm and had to pull over TWICE to clean my visor. I looked at my radiator and almost couldnt see it! My lights were mostly blocked too.

Dumb record, but I dont have any real good ones.

I did get two tickets on one ride before, dont think that counts though.

I rode through a grasshopper swarm and had to pull over TWICE to clean my visor. I looked at my radiator and almost couldnt see it! My lights were mostly blocked too.

haha that's pretty funny!

Rode yesterday with more than a meter of snow on each side of the road. Is that a record of some sort? Anyone else done that?

Last summer I rode from Oslo to Copenhagen in less than 6 hours. That's about 700 km's. I presume I'm the only one on this forum that have done that, so I reckon that's a record:thumbup:

I've completely cleaned my bike 3 times in 1 afternoon. what can I say, I love a clean bike.

Before I left I cleaned it, then when coming home for 30 minutes to eat, cleaned it again (a lot of dust and bugs on the bike).
And then again when I came home at the end of the ride.

Rode yesterday with more than a meter of snow on each side of the road. Is that a record of some sort? Anyone else done that?

I live in Minnesota, the first few times I had it out there was about 3.5 to 4 feet piled up on the boulevard. Froze my butt off, but at least the road was dry
;)

Wow, you cold-weather guys are NUTS!! I love riding (who on this forum doesn't :D) but i think my limit has been 40 F and bundling up so my jacket barely zips closed. That's probably like a warm summer day to you guys!! As the kids say these days, "mad propz, son!" HAHA

@psnbye - that is hilarious!!!! sounds like it sucked!! you rode through a biblical plague!

Do you guys remember riding during cicada season a few years back? I was just getting started riding, but DAMN those fat ba$tard$ HURT!!!! lol

i ride pretty close to year round as i can since it's the only way i can park on the campus where i work. it's about a 30 min ride and the coldest i've confirmed with one of those bank clocks is 32 degrees. i'm sure others can beat that.

Over 100,000km on the clock. Did a ride a few months ago with my brother. 1160km in a day which was pouring with rain for half of it.
17 hours from door to door but 1 1/2 hours of that was spent standing on the side of the road with a flat waiting for the pit crew to arrive :D

I think I hold a record for this site. My bike is bog stock. Not a single modification. Stock wheels, exhaust, grips, bar ends, levers, foot pegs, indicators, head light, no fender eliminator, no 520 conversion. Just a lot of scratches & some duct tape. Its probably the most boring example of an FZ6 ive ever seen.

Over 100,000km on the clock. Did a ride a few months ago with my brother. 1160km in a day which was pouring with rain for half of it.
17 hours from door to door but 1 1/2 hours of that was spent standing on the side of the road with a flat waiting for the pit crew to arrive :D

I think I hold a record for this site. My bike is bog stock. Not a single modification. Stock wheels, exhaust, grips, bar ends, levers, foot pegs, indicators, head light, no fender eliminator, no 520 conversion. Just a lot of scratches & some duct tape. Its probably the most boring example of an FZ6 ive ever seen.

My bike is also all stock, except I added a ventura rack for touring.
Oh, and a centre stand.

Well I love riding so much, I got my bike out two weeks ago, went passed a bank and temp reading was 22 degrees. I wore some snowmobile gear so I could make it to work. It was in the 50's on my way home. Will not ride again when it is in the 20's. Ouch!

I've completely cleaned my bike 3 times in 1 afternoon. what can I say, I love a clean bike.

Before I left I cleaned it, then when coming home for 30 minutes to eat, cleaned it again (a lot of dust and bugs on the bike).
And then again when I came home at the end of the ride.

Wonder if anyone has done this WITHOUT going for rides in between??

My wife laughed at me, reading the Yamaha Service Manual, which recommends washing the bike DAILY!

Record for being pulled over by a Texas State Trooper doing 100 mph standing up. He did not give me a ticket :D

To put it in context, I was coming back from a round-rip California to Joplin, MO and back. When I explained to the trooper that I was just trying to get some circulation back into my legs and couldn't see the speedo, he laughed and let me go with a warning.

i ride pretty close to year round as i can since it's the only way i can park on the campus where i work. it's about a 30 min ride and the coldest i've confirmed with one of those bank clocks is 32 degrees. i'm sure others can beat that.

I think the coldest i've done so far has been 33 degrees. Wore heavy winter gloves but i was having trouble operating the clutch and controls. (kept hitting the horn on accident trying to turn off the turn signal. actually my first time out onto the streets i bumped the horn and freaked out thinking that OTHER drivers where honking at me now).
Ended up riding home without the gloves on cause i kept stalling it. That was a painful experience.

Hey, now wait a minute....I personally think that two tickets in one day does qualify!

Back