FZ6 Rearset Set Back Plates For Sale

Denverjones

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys I just bought a 08 fz6 and it does not have a rear tire hugger/chain guard.. Does anyone know where I could find a cheap one? Just need something to get the job done!

Thanks!!

uncalcetindelana

Reaction score
Visit site
Dear oso2,

I realize this is extremely late, but can't hurt to ask =) Do you have any available plates?

I write from Chile. I'm on my second FZ6, use it for canyon riding, and will do some occasional racing on it. Hanging off properly, I can avoid scraping my pegs too much, but riding on track it feels like a limiting factor to get faster and faster.

Thank you in advance!

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't seem to locate them now. I need to clean out my office and hopefully I'll find them then. I thought I had 2 or 3 pairs left. But maybe I'm wrong.

Dear oso2,

I realize this is extremely late, but can't hurt to ask =) Do you have any available plates?

I write from Chile. I'm on my second FZ6, use it for canyon riding, and will do some occasional racing on it. Hanging off properly, I can avoid scraping my pegs too much, but riding on track it feels like a limiting factor to get faster and faster.

Thank you in advance!

Suchdankverymemes

Reaction score
Visit site
Interested in rearset plates, and if that's not possible I'd settle for a technical drawing. I have CNC access and I'd like to machine my own if possible.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Interested in rearset plates, and if that's not possible I'd settle for a technical drawing. I have CNC access and I'd like to machine my own if possible.

I do not have nor have I ever had the mechanical drawings. They're at a Machine Shop in La Cresenta, CA that does rapid prototype work off & on for NASA/JPL (my former employer 10 years ago when I first conceived the setback plates) in nearby Pasadena, CA (or La Canada/Flintridge, CA). But really, the design is almost painfully obvious and very close to the OEM rearsets. I'll only give you the measurements you wouldn't derive directly from inspecting the rearsets.

Using an image of the V2 set I just pulled off my bike, here are the measurements I pulled using a caliper.

Through holes A, B, D & E = 7.5+/-0.1mm diameter
Through hole C = 12.65mm diameter
Pressed Steel Dowel F = 7.75mm tall, 7.95mm diameter
Supporting Radius A = ~35.7mm
Supporting Radius B = ~35mm
Supporting Radius C = ~35mm
Supporting Radius F = ~35.2mm

The plate is CNC'd from 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum and is 8.1mm thick. The last version (which I call V2) is 8.1mm thick and has several extra weight saving features. Semi-rounded edge through holes (external and internal facing) of increasing diameter in nearly a perfect radius about Through Hole E, the edges on the external side of the plate are also semi-rounded for weight savings and the rear side of Through Hole C is narrowly semi-rounded to aid fitment against the frame of the FZ6 and the extruding stabilizer peg on the frame. Dowel F replicates that feature to allow reusing the OEM rearsets.

IMG_4280.jpg

In a more perfect world, a fully adjustable set could have been developed. But I settled on a setback plate that had ~46.33mm of trail and ~33.21mm of rise. At this difference from the stock FZ6 position, the position is about as racey as an R6 of the 03-05 vintage and some 6'+ riders have stated that the position is not comfortable. Depending on your height, you may wish to adjust that. I, myself, am 5'9".

Suchdankverymemes

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! I whipped up a quick drawing in solidworks when I got a pair, with almost identical numbers from the calipers. My concerns were more with hole positions, particularly your datum C. everything else I was able to replicate fairly easily, but I was hoping there was an existing drawing so that I wouldn't make a bad measurement and **** up the whole plate. Thanks again for the response, the anodized black V2 I have on my 06 is wonderful. Makes the bike feel like it should have from the factory. the holes for weight reduction and chamfers are all pretty simple, and I might do some Altair simulations to do a little more optimization and bring the weight down even more.