FZ6 Police cruisers in Mexico

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I was surprised to see a new/late model Yamaha FZ6/1 Police Special while I was in Guadalajara, MX during February, 2008. Too bad there's no picture here, I know! I stared and stared at it. Wasn't sure if it was FZ1 or FZ6 because it had undertail exhaust but the engine looked FZ1? It was a beautiful looking Police cruiser. It had the familiar faring along with all the typical police equipment. Am I the only one to have seen a Yamaha FZ Police model?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:Muahahhahahahahhha!

Tequila eh? Absolutely Hilarious!

I love Tequila.....

milton_wallpaper_215.jpg

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are having way too much fun. Next time, I will &*^%$!!f'ing stand right in front of the YAMAHA FZ6 or FZ1 with undertail exhaust (whichever one it was) and take multiple photos of it. The two m/c cops were sitting right in front of me at an OXXO (Mexican in-out chain store like 7-Eleven) drinking coffee while I sipped mine. The bike was sitting right outside the window. I know..it's not googleable (is that a word?). Many of the Guadalajara m/c cops ride the Kawasaki 1000 but they're upgrading to the Yamahas. Looked EXACTLY like a new FZ6 with the exact same seat, same fairing too. This is not an early April Fool's game. Many of the caged Mexican police are cruising in new Dodge Chargers, new Chevy pickups too. Nobody believes me....

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely without a doubt it's an FZ6, not '07+. The windshield is still a '06 year or earlier, the exhaust is FZ6 style and the swingarm is still squared off instead of the '07+ year model. Maybe it's left over '06 that was converted for police use. Very nice bike indeed.
:Sport:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
mexico is strange, they still make old designs of things brand new. wen i vacationed down there last year you could still buy the old school beetles (the ones from the 1970's) brand new, they also renamed the mid 90's sentra and still sell those brand new as well (all the cabbies drive them)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, Thanks for digging up the photo! Although, it's not exactly like the one I was looking at it comes close. The one that I saw looked like MY FZ6 (same headlight/fairing) fitted out to be a police special because it was Yamaha Blue. I recommend everybody book (or ride there?) a flight to Guadalajara and see for yourself.