FZ6 no longer, moved to an R6

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap Matt! What a freakin GREAT looking bike! It looks like it is breaking the law sitting on the stand!!!

Total envy. I'd love to own one but, like Rob, the ergos are too much for me.

Good for you man!!! :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
your post and pic gave me mohagany.

i think based on your description i might buy an R6 as well. (but im not a traitor i wont give up the FZ to do so)

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome :thumbup:

Looks like you took your mirrors off?

So how did you decide on the R6 over other similar SS bikes such as the ZX6?

I went to a bar end mirror. I couldn't see ANYTHING except my elbows with the stock mirrors. Plus now it looks way better, and I just have 1 bolt to take off the bar end mirror for track days.

I had been planning on going to R6 USD forks, so I already bought forks, triple, brakes, etc. So I figured now I have spare parts for when I crash it at the track.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
your post and pic gave me mohagany.

i think based on your description i might buy an R6 as well. (but im not a traitor i wont give up the FZ to do so)

I wanted to keep the FZ as I got next to nothing for it at trade in (2500 ouch). But the Fiancee said I could only have 1.:(

I plan to get an FZ1 or similar later for the road, and keep the R6 as a track only bike.

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice bike! Should be a lot of fun for you!:D I love that paint scheme:)

On a side note, may I ask how tall you are? I'm 6'2" and didn't feel too comfortable on the R6..

Ride safe dude:)

I'm 6' 190 lbs. Time will tell how comfortable it will be. Get it up to about 80mph and the wind helps to keep the weight off your arms.

I started doing targeted core workouts to stregthen my back to deal with the riding position...

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6' 190 lbs. Time will tell how comfortable it will be. Get it up to about 80mph and the wind helps to keep the weight off your arms.

I started doing targeted core workouts to stregthen my back to deal with the riding position...

Those couple of inches could be quite crucial. A buddy of mine is about as tall as you are, and he said he felt good sitting on it. For me the GSX-R was a better fit though:) I weigh in at 85 kg which is just under 190 lbs I think..

Probably not a bad idea doing those workouts. :thumbup: