FZ6 + Micron slip on + power commander

FZ6 Tas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, Finally got a powercommander 3 today and installed it, all good. I can't afford a dyno tune at the moment so I have had a fiddle with the maps. There is nothing for Micron pipes which is very annoying. So I tried the scorpion slip on one and it works fine, it has smoothed things out right through the rev range, and there is definately something extra between 4 - 8k than stock but there is still a little bit of back fire when coming off the throttle but much better than before.

What I want to know is what maps are people running (if there is anyone) to coincide with the microns for better results? Like I said I don't have the cash for a dyno tune and it was hard enough getting the wife to agree on this to begin with. I would like to get it semi-sorted by a track day I am having on March 22. YAY

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have microns, but there's no official map for my exhaust either(two bros)
The previous owner had a really lean european map loaded, so I first tried the official scorpion map, it ran better, then tried the leovince map since it's made for no-cat and richer, which improved a little bit.
The biggest change came from my current map which is a dynotuned map, but I didn't make it. It was from a forum member on the SBN fz6 forum.
It ran the best.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day how you going ? Im guessing you may well be the other Micron Fizzer on youtube :D........I dont have a power commander because my mate (a Yamaha mechanic) tells me he can do just as much with the stock ECU and tells me that our bikes are set up rather rich from the factory so pipes and air filter are we need....If he's right he is saving $$$ , just waiting for the next service and he is going to have a play with it :)

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You heard right they have :( , there was another member on here that was trying to track down some and i was searching Oz wide trying to help him but all to no avail....They are great sounding pipes , especially when they warm up :thumbup:

Bill3508

Reaction score
Visit site
From searching on here and other sites I can't find anything positive about the PC3 for this bike unless you go get dyno tuned.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't have microns, but there's no official map for my exhaust either(two bros)
The previous owner had a really lean European map loaded, so I first tried the official scorpion map, it ran better, then tried the leovince map since it's made for no-cat and richer, which improved a little bit.
The biggest change came from my current map which is a dyno-tuned map, but I didn't make it. It was from a forum member on the SBN FZ6 forum.
It ran the best.

I am no mechanic but i have a PC111 and i see you guys have mentioned adjusting the PC111 for lean-less or richer. My exhaust smells like gas and if i want to reduce the fuel how do you do it? I don't have the money for a dyno right now and i have the scorpion/k&n filter map, what do i need to do?

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
You heard right they have :( , there was another member on here that was trying to track down some and i was searching Oz wide trying to help him but all to no avail....They are great sounding pipes , especially when they warm up :thumbup:
Don't want to thread-jack, but many thanks to Humps for going out of his way to help a fellow (me) out! :wav:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I am no mechanic but i have a PC111 and i see you guys have mentioned adjusting the PC111 for lean-less or richer. My exhaust smells like gas and if i want to reduce the fuel how do you do it? I don't have the money for a dyno right now and i have the scorpion/k&n filter map, what do i need to do?

When you connect a computer to the PCIII and have the application loaded up, you can change the adjustments based on Throttle Percentage in relation to RPM (on a graph). Higher numbers mean MORE fuel is being added, 0 means default, and negative numbers mean LESS fuel is being added.
If you smell gas at idle, you can adjust the numbers just for the idle rpm's, and sit there running the bike as you adjust it. For me I can tell the difference when I adjusted it, the bike sounds a little different, and the throttle feels different.
Adjusting fuel for higher RPM's is a little bit tougher though without being a tuner yourself.