FZ6 Luggage Anchorage Points

Tebster _ fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Whilst struggling to find anchorage points to fit a tail pack to my bike I came up with an idea to create a couple of points where you could wrap a bungee strap around to secure luggage, if you look at the black plastic trim under the tail section you will see a 10mm bolt on either side of the bike, remove these and replace with a stainless hex head bolt, a stainless washer and a couple of stainless nuts to use as spacers (please see first picture) these are very strong points as they fasten directly to the rear subframe ;)

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

And finally a picture of the beast...lol

TheBeast.jpg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very good idea! We also had a member who put eye bolts there as well so you could actually place the hook ends through. :thumbup:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
I tho't about fabbing up a tail bag holder (similar to those GIVI Luggage racks) to get that tail bag further back & out of the way to make swinging my foot over easier and using that bolt/screw location as the forward attachment point.
Good job.:Flash:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has this bike been ridden yet? ;) It is way too clean and the pipes have zero discoloration! Very new?

Tebster _ fz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Has this bike been ridden yet? ;) It is way too clean and the pipes have zero discoloration! Very new?

I have had the bike about 2 months now and it has done 1200 miles, there is a story as to why the pipes are so clean, whilst riding home from work a couple of weeks ago a plastic bag blew straight onto my down pipes and melted all over them, I had to sit and patiently remove it using heat proof gloves, wire wool and metal polish, it took ages but the end result was that the pipes are now shinier than when the bike was new :rockon:

pipes.jpg