FZ6 Knuckle Guards

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Booyeah! Just got these on Ebay for £33 including postage! They need sanding and painting, but it's £100 quid cheaper than new and I couldn't justify that to the wife! :rockon:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a pic of these things on the bike? Trying to picture it....gonna search here in a minute.
bikepics-1620876-full.jpg

It needs a decent sized screen really. I'm gonna try and get hold of a Cee-bailey instead of my current flip creen.

mnuttall87

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice man! I like that. Having the VS02 front is starting to get a litttttttle bit cold for the 30+ degree mornings here in VA, but the bike was naked when I got it! Look out for my new member thread, I swear I'm starting it soon.

Those look sweet though, great deal on it!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice score on those OEM knuckle guards, I was just looking at them and saw its original price...ouch. As an alternative I'm currently looking at this by Givi:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Every winter season I usually swap out my Puig for the CalSci screen for more wind protection but unfortunately the CalSci crack at the bottom. The Givi IMO is far more superior since its made from Lexan material which is shatter proof. You'll notice that it has a wider coverage that extends the bottom edge which should redirect airflow away from the handlebars.
Again congrats on your new "eyebrows".....

Ares

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice score on those OEM knuckle guards, I was just looking at them and saw its original price...ouch. As an alternative I'm currently looking at this by Givi:
Yeah the Givi is nice. But a windscreen really needs a flip at the top to direct the airflow upwards instead of pointing straight at you head like the stock & the Givi etc do. The smaller one I have currently and the nice large Cee Bailey's are the only ones I've seen so far!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually looking at the Givi 440D mainly for the extension of it's windshield laterally, much similar effect as those handguard/eyebrow that you purchased from eBay.
I really have very little issues with wind bouncing off my helmet and causing alot of noise.
Hopefully the fat guy in the red and white suite will get it for me this coming holiday.
:BLAA:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm actually looking at the Givi 440D mainly for the extension of it's windshield laterally, much similar effect as those handguard/eyebrow that you purchased from eBay.
I really have very little issues with wind bouncing off my helmet and causing alot of noise.
Hopefully the fat guy in the red and white suite will get it for me this coming holiday.
:BLAA:
Yeah it's a good idea, but I reckon it has the same problem as many of the screens for our bike, it just directs the airflow straight at your head/chest/neck if you're sitting up straight. The whole reason I got the FZ6 is cos I don't want to have to sit in a racing tuck to reach the bars, I also don't want to have to do that if I'm going at a decent lick to stop myself being battered by the wind. The best solution for this are the screens with a flip like the smaller one I have now and the Cal-Sci. Just wish there were more options like that! I had the perfect one on my GPZ500S:-
9_windscreen_1.jpg

BIGsexy9216

Reaction score
Visit site
How well do the knuckle guards work? I am tossing the idea around for a new windscreen cause the stock one is junk! I have been looking at the Givi 440D cause it has the Integrated hand guards. I have also been looking at the Cal-sci but would like handguards cause it gets a bit chilly in Canada in the morning. Which one is better? I like the yamaha guards that attach to the fairing but they are pricey....LOL!

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
How well do the knuckle guards work? I am tossing the idea around for a new windscreen cause the stock one is junk! I have been looking at the Givi 440D cause it has the Integrated hand guards. I have also been looking at the Cal-sci but would like handguards cause it gets a bit chilly in Canada in the morning. Which one is better? I like the yamaha guards that attach to the fairing but they are pricey....LOL!
Lol. I've got as far as sanding them down before prime and paint! :D Gonna be a while before I'll have time to finish them. Lots on at the moment. I'll post on here when I have them. I've got a taller screen now so they shouldn't look too silly.