FZ6 is NOT A SCOOTER

If I am going to ride a bike, it will be a full size bike. Im not about to commute through Charlotte on a scooter with all my books and my machine box....

We are already hard enough to see. Being on something even smaller and slower doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

You could get an orange vest to be seen better...and get some BCGs (birth control glasses) with tape in the middle to complete the look...Oh! don't forget the pocket protector and the HP calculator hanging from your belt. And the short sleeve polyester shirt with a garish tie that is tied too short, Sansebel (sp?) pants with the adjustable waist band, white socks with wingtips. You'd be the hit of the campus and get CHICKS! Chicks love engineer geeks! :justkidding:

Lonliesoldier...

"Anyone seen that new 3 wheeled scooter where each of the front 2 wheels have an individual suspension built in so you can counter steer and ride as you would a motorcycle?"

I have not seen one you are referring to IRL. However, the aforementioned Spyder is made by Bombadier(SeaDoo,Skidoo, now known as "BRP") is doing a nationwide tour with their "Spyder Can-Am". 996cc Rotax Engine, same as my GXP Jetski. They will let you ride one. :)

BRP Can-Am | Spyder Ryder

Is there different terminology for Motorcycles elsewhere I am not familiar with?

Flame me if you must... I cringe every time I see the word scooter! :disapprove:

I'm with you....scooter in the same breath as FZ is just plain wrong!!!!

You could get an orange vest to be seen better...and get some BCGs (birth control glasses) with tape in the middle to complete the look...Oh! don't forget the pocket protector and the HP calculator hanging from your belt. And the short sleeve polyester shirt with a garish tie that is tied too short, Sansebel (sp?) pants with the adjustable waist band, white socks with wingtips. You'd be the hit of the campus and get CHICKS! Chicks love engineer geeks! :justkidding:

I am armed with a T-83plus and soon upgrading to the TI-89!

I will have all the chicks then.

Oh and they put us engineers on the back side of campus away from everything. So we don't see many girls around... well except when they tan on the intermural sports fields. Then we all crowd out on the balcony to look...

Well we dont really all get out there, but we sure get a kick when it get hot out! :thumbup:

-bryan

Well I def dont think or even consider my FZ6 a "Scooter" Its a Sport Bike :Sport:
Here's a pic of the "Gilera: Ice" scooter i had a whiiiiiiile back :p

they yamaha majasty is faster than the Vstar 650.... vstar 650 tops out around 85 or so the majasty sees 109........ majasty is the 400cc I would buy a goldwing trike before i bought a spyder.... you will never see me own anything with the bombardier name on it.... Anything thats associated with skidoo is junk...... everytime i went snowmobiling with skidoos in the pack they always broke something.....

My brother collects scooters (4 vespas and a lambretta to date) I've tried them and they just don't compare to the FZ or indeed any bikes I've ridden.

My brother collects scooters (4 vespas and a lambretta to date) I've tried them and they just don't compare to the FZ or indeed any bikes I've ridden.

I dunno who compared a scooter to a motorcycle but they are abit "out there" to believe that...
Scooter:
No shifting, no gears...
Flatboard for feet, nothing in between legs (for most of them)...
Both brakes operated with left and right hand levers...
Motorcycle:
Gears, shift lever, clutch lever, rear brake at right foot...
Engine, gas tank, frame inbetween legs...
:rolleyes:

Looks sick! Just one thing, in a turn wouldnt those (I think BRP makes one as well) flip easy?

Can't speak on BRP but the F3 Adrenaline (according to the site) has such a low center of gravity that it is super stable. In fact the the promo video shows a rider power sliding and doing 180's on the trike
:rockon:

I dunno who compared a scooter to a motorcycle but they are abit "out there" to believe that...
Scooter:
No shifting, no gears...
Flatboard for feet, nothing in between legs (for most of them)...
Both brakes operated with left and right hand levers...
Motorcycle:
Gears, shift lever, clutch lever, rear brake at right foot...
Engine, gas tank, frame inbetween legs...
:rolleyes:

Incorrect, I have two scooters with four speed gearboxes, clutch lever and rear brake at right foot. Most vintage scooters and a couple of modern ones have clutches and multi speed gearboxes.

The single defining charictaristic of a scooter is that they have the engine under the rider allowing for a step through design.

Back