fz6 header upgrade

DriftProjectR

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys i just picked up a 2 brothers exhaust.

i been looking for a header upgrade. i saw that 2 brothers has a different type of exhaust with more of a short exhaust and header for the fz6r?

will that fit?

sorry for the newb question guys.

All you could really do is take measurements and see for yourself. Anything will fit, if you make it, and spend enough money or time on it.

I would be very interested to know whether the header pipes are interchangeable between the FZ6 & the FZ6R...especially if TB's do a header pipe that will fit my FZ6....mine is starting to get a bit crappy, and have been thinking of getting some headers custom made...if they are interchangeable, then it might save me the trouble.

:thumbup:

I remember reading that although the FZ6R is based on the same R6 block, the head is different among a number of other differences. Wouldn't surprise me if the headers are a thinner pipe than the FZ6

could be way off though

Why would you want to replace the OEM headers? You won't get any performance increase.

It's not like on a car where you replace a manifold with headers.

Why would you want to replace the OEM headers? You won't get any performance increase.

It's not like on a car where you replace a manifold with headers.

I am not so interested in a performance increase, but i wouldnt mind getting rid of the Cat's, and, i think titanium would look awesome...much better than my 30000km old headers, that are stained, etc, from riding in all sorts of weather, all year round...

If TB's did titanium headers that fitted an FZ6....i would be there!

Went to Yamaha shop today, to see whether the part number is the same for the headers on both bikes, but they did'nt have a parts listing for the XJ6/FZ6R as yet....

Had a look at both bikes, and the pipes seem to be pretty much identical back to the collector box....am thinking it could be done...need confirmation though....and if TB's do headers in titanium for the FZ6R/XJ6, that fit the FZ6....like i said, i am there!

I am not so interested in a performance increase, but i wouldnt mind getting rid of the Cat's, and, i think titanium would look awesome...much better than my 30000km old headers, that are stained, etc, from riding in all sorts of weather, all year round...

so is it purely for cosmetic reasons? sorry i dont know much regarding this topic.

im sure there would be no pre cats in the header so that would be a big help. also the may have changed the pipe diameter and collector location which would change the characteristics of the engine. hopefully someone will have a dyno chart showing the gains.

im sure there would be no pre cats in the header so that would be a big help. also the may have changed the pipe diameter and collector location which would change the characteristics of the engine. hopefully someone will have a dyno chart showing the gains.

Why would they change the pipe diameter to be bigger than the exhaust ports on the cylinder head, that would actually hurt performance and flow.

The TwoBros dyno chart for the FZ6R shows a 6HP improvement, but that's to be expected with an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm pretty sure the main reason they included new headers in the exhaust package is because Yamaha designed the FZ6R headers to include catalytic converters, and a muffler in a very short, compact space, and that it's probably a one piece design, meaning if you want a bolt on aftermarket exhaust, you have to replace the headers as well.

Now if you're doing this for looks only, and you have the $1,100 USD to spend, go for it!
If the entire TwoBros FZ6R kit bolts up to a standard FZ6, I think it would be a great option for race/track bikes, and streetfighter conversions where they modify the tail section.

Why would they change the pipe diameter to be bigger than the exhaust ports on the cylinder head, that would actually hurt performance and flow.

The TwoBros dyno chart for the FZ6R shows a 6HP improvement, but that's to be expected with an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm pretty sure the main reason they included new headers in the exhaust package is because Yamaha designed the FZ6R headers to include catalytic converters, and a muffler in a very short, compact space, and that it's probably a one piece design, meaning if you want a bolt on aftermarket exhaust, you have to replace the headers as well.

Now if you're doing this for looks only, and you have the $1,100 USD to spend, go for it!
If the entire TwoBros FZ6R kit bolts up to a standard FZ6, I think it would be a great option for race/track bikes, and streetfighter conversions where they modify the tail section.
sorry for the ubber late reply. i wanted the new upgraded headers because i wanted to do the whole naked look just like you said. i also have a small ding on one of my headers from a rock from a construction truck full of rocks dropping loads of rocks on the highway.

i don't know about $1,000. i think i could just buy the parts i need. i looked at the instructions on both kits and it would look that i need to get someone to weld me up pipe from the exhaust canisters to the header. doesn't look to hard.

plus, im not really looking for the performance aspect of it, if i was that interested in it i would have got a R6. im more for the shock and awww..

thanks for your input, i was planning to put in some parts that you already have.

cant wait for my bike to have more wor done to it.

Devil in France makes a full system which includes headers... I think it's a custom job though...I have seen it on their website though. No price mentioned...

just throwing that out there.

Back