Fz6 got a bigger brother. My new k9 750 Pics!!!!

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up a pearl white k9 gsx-r 750 a few weeks ago, this thing is alotta fun :eek:

Oh i had the dealer swap out to the white rims, OEM it comes with blk rims, what do you guys think white vs black rims?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I like the white better :thumbup: THat bike is sick all around...great choice.

I know you've pushed the FZ6 pretty hard, so can you give us a quick comparo between the two???

FYI - respond to your ohlins rear shock thread on SBN because you have a buyer!

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
funny i got the email saying somebody posted about the shock, so i logged on and cant find a sign of it anywhere. Must be SBN, this site is much more active then sbn is nowadays - totally forgot i posted it on SBN as well. thanks for the headsup

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
funny i got the email saying somebody posted about the shock, so i logged on and cant find a sign of it anywhere. Must be SBN, this site is much more active then sbn is nowadays.

Congratulations!
That's one of the bikes I've been thinking about(Yeah the white one). I really like it but just found an 08 leftover R1.

If you were hearing something about the shock , I read some tests showed the rear shock got a little weak after it heated up on the track. I don't think that would stop me from getting that bike though cuz everything else I read about it is awesome. Same frame and ergos as the 600. It's got to be one of the sweetest rides around. I also read the bike was a lot more comfortable than the competition so it was better for longer rides. The 08 R1 I looked at today was at an unreal price and It will be gone very soon.

Later,
Cliff

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
I know you've pushed the FZ6 pretty hard, so can you give us a quick comparo between the two???

Do you really want the comparo :rolleyes:? The gsx-r 750 in C mode pulls harder then the FZ6 until the fz6 reaches its powerband:eek: The gixxer outperforms the fz6 in every single aspect that i can think of. The 750 is geared to 85mph in 1st gear, it still has enough torque to slip the clutch in 3rd gear from a stop and not bog the motor (magazine article)

The FI is 10bazilllllion times better then the Fz6, i really dunno how i survived the fz6 as a starter bike - that throttle/FI map sux fatty nuts. Ive ridden the hypermotard, 636, 600rr, gix 1000, and all of their FI is waaaay smoother then the fz6.

The riding position is not as upright as the Fz6, however i can tour on the bike 400 miles in 1 day no problem - and no its not cuz ive gotten used to the seating position on the bike, ive only had it for like 2 weeks and gone on 1 long day ride so far with no fatigue at the end of the day.

The tranny shifts w/o huge ol clunks (i did have gilles rearsets on the fz6) smooth and w/o a big movement in the foot.

My fz6 brakes were 10x better then the Gsxr, however i had stainless lines and EBC HH pads and r6s calipers.

Wind protection, the gixxer actually creates less wind turbulence then the fz6 for me.

Im wrong with the 750 being king of everything the Fz6 wins with its stock mirrors, the 750's are useless no matter how you adjust them you still move in your elbows to see anything.

The gix has a gear indicator and a useable tachometer, digital water temp display, programmable shift points/lights.

The Fz6 has a fuel gauge, the gix does not :confused:

The 750's small seat has more cushioning then the fake "sofa" fz6 seat.

The 750 suspension is like butter :rockon:, my Fz6 is setup for track so it was a lil stiff for around town use.

The 750 turns in super sharp, the only comparison to the fz6 is like the first time you swapped to some supersport tires after the OEM bridgestones, its still like 10x faster/sharper/easier/steadier though.

The OEM tire is a bt016 so it sticks like superglue already - very confidence inspiring, easy to ride.

Oh i can flat foot the 750 with my knees bent at like 90 degrees :D- i heard a 5ft 4 person can flat foot the gsxr, i could only tip-toe the fz6, im 5ft 9.

The 750 is not anemic around town, i can put put in any gear and get enough oomph when i open the throttle in town w/o shifting down a gear.

The 750 can pull smoothly at 35mph in top gear, try that in the fz6 and itll bog forever.

The quality points to the suzuki as well, you can really tell the fz6 is a bargain basement bike compared to its brother the R6. However the suzuki lacks in quality vs its real rivalrys the RR's, R's, ZX's.

The Fz6 has a bigger turning radius, the gixxer is very small, it takes forever to turn the bike around in a 1 car garage, the fz6 took 1/2 the movements.

overall the gixxer 750 is exactly what i wanted, not a litre bike, and not anemic down low around town like a 600. I can open WOT on the 750, try that on a 1000 and its like holding on for your life.

In a nutshell, the 750 rides long distances just as good if not better then the fz6 (great ergonomics and little wind), handles 10bazillion times better then the fz6. Accelerates and brakes 10x steadier smoother with less chassis movement/instability. (i remember the stock forks diving and extending all day and night long) It also has a more user-friendly LCD display, integrated blinkers, adjustable footpegs, gear indicator, ABC mode for n00bs, and way more smoother FI maps. The FZ6 had very vague feedback to the rider, the gixxer tells you exactly what its doing.

However the Fz6, since it has 0 low end punch, you really feel the powerband. The 750 there is no lack in power anywhere - you dont feel the slingshot when you hit the powerband like the fz6, it just rockets out when you open the throttle and continues to pull like a freight train till you hit the limiter.

So do you want to sell your FZ6 now and get a 750? :thumbup:

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot C mode in Suzuki S-DMS crap makes the 750 have like 35hp, and seriously in that mode it pulled harder then the fz6, till the fz6 hits 8500rpms.

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
That definitely makes me want to take one for a test ride... Although I'm nervous that I'll like it too much- I only just got my fizzer a few weeks ago! I need this bike to last me for a while.

I remember when I first saw a 750 (first time truly noticing a gixxer of any kind actually). I stared and drooled at the 2008 orange and black beauty through the showroom window unabashedly...

Stunning bike, mate! Love the white rims far better than the black- fantastic choice : )

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great write up. I've heard nothing but good things about the 750. And you are right, 750 is a great size, I don't understand why more MFG don't make one, racing classes I suppose.

The only thing I don't care for on the new GSXRs is the mufflers. That triangle shape looks odd to me.

I parted out the mods on my FZ and it was well worth the effort. Most people like to buy a "stock" bike anyway and you'll come out $ ahead.

Nice bike.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice looking bike and i bet it is a TON of fun! I like the white rims but i would hate to have to keep them clean!

Enjoy the ride!

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
if i were to get a pure sport bike, the 750 would probably be it. always liked them. i liked ur review except for the baby bazillion talk lol

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
If only I had the money ...

Awsome bike ... best for street/track use ... not high reving 600 and no overpowered 1000 ... just a realy realy good bike.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok in the Cali sunshine, but English weather and road gritting takes a heavy toll on the notoriously thin paintwork.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
OH you lucky bastard. Very nice bike especially with the white wheels. Have a friend who has a black one....I get smoked all around. If Yamaha made a 750 I'd be on it like white on rice.

fxclm5

Reaction score
Visit site
Great write up. I've heard nothing but good things about the 750. And you are right, 750 is a great size, I don't understand why more MFG don't make one, racing classes I suppose.

The only thing I don't care for on the new GSXRs is the mufflers. That triangle shape looks odd to me.

I parted out the mods on my FZ and it was well worth the effort. Most people like to buy a "stock" bike anyway and you'll come out $ ahead.

Nice bike.

i didnt like the stock exhaust at all -especially in pics. But when u see it in person it really flows with the bike and u quickly forgot how ugly it is. i like the quietness vs my 2bros fz6