FZ6 fly by before & after exhaust mod

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Heres a lil video of me doin some fly by's before i had my Leo Vince exhaust and after (i guess the Leo's give rider +5 in ability to try wheelies :D...lol)
Before:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7NwE1S_H4w"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Full Throttle Fazer[/ame]
After:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNq2xGQdhWc"]YouTube - Yamaha FZ6 Wheelie Full Throttle Fazer[/ame]

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds nice and deep. I just installed my 2Bros today and man are they loud/deep!:thumbup:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds nice and deep. I just installed my 2Bros today and man are they loud/deep!:thumbup:
I was going to go with the 2bros myself but they were more than i wanted to spend. I was happily suprised with the Leo's, i hadnt even considered them until i heard they would work with my Givi Top Case. Very happy with my choice in the end!
I bet your 2bros are supa loud tho! Arent they one (if not "the") loudest ones?

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to go with the 2bros myself but they were more than i wanted to spend. I was happily suprised with the Leo's, i hadnt even considered them until i heard they would work with my Givi Top Case. Very happy with my choice in the end!
I bet your 2bros are supa loud tho! Arent they one (if not "the") loudest ones?

That's what people tell me... the loudest. I was riding a few miles with my brother who has a bone-stock FZ6, could barely hear his bike was even running!:rockon:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I got the m4' s and they are also super loud make a world of difference. Congrats on your new exhaust.
nice avatar rsw81

Thanks bro, everyone on here either calls me HH or FZ-Doc.

The M4's are definitely nice. Did yours come with the new angled exhaust tips or the older style? I like the new ones in particular, look similar in style to the 2Bros. If my group buy on the 2Bros didn't come through, I likely would have gotten the M4s as the alternative.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds sick!

Is the intersection that you're going through always green in the direction you're traveling or is traffic blocked off?

Thank you! Yes about 98% of the time its green and blocked off as the roads are still in construction in that area, only time it'll go red is if someone wants to do a u-turn ;)

sPin0011

Just a bloke
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the vids mate sounds wicked. I'd luv a set of them but need to check the regs here in Aussieland. Noise level standards are tough I hear.:thumbup:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the vids mate sounds wicked. I'd luv a set of them but need to check the regs here in Aussieland. Noise level standards are tough I hear.:thumbup:
Thanks ^_^ I think you should be fine with them with the DB Killers (Baffles) in them. They come with a sticker you can put on the bike with a Homologation number and all, it also says they are street approved "in conformity with the EEC-Directive 97/24/CE dd June 17, 1997"...
All i know is that i luv them :D

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Aftermarkets exhausts make a world of difference! No more sewing machine sound...I love my 2 bros! Congrats on the Leo's, my friend has got a Leo pipe on his R6, sounds awesome.

:Sport:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
sounds nice... Im glad my fz came with scorps because I am not sure what I would have bought...

and if those give you +5 wheelie than I should be able to do high chairs lol.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Aftermarkets exhausts make a world of difference! No more sewing machine sound...I love my 2 bros! Congrats on the Leo's, my friend has got a Leo pipe on his R6, sounds awesome.

:Sport:

Thanks, haha seriously, i think the engine itself made more noise than the stock exhaust :p
Your 2Bros must be pretty loud? I was considering them but outta my budget.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have the stock sprocket setup? Are you clutching out or just powering the wheelies? I love them ...

Thanks! The bike is all stock apart from the exhaust. Stock sprocket. I figured out how to wheelie in first gear without any clutch. What i do i rev to about 7500-8000rpms (when you see i attempt to lift once but it doesnt lift up high enough its because i was too low in the rpms or not enough throttle, then i try again and it lifts much higher) so once you up to those rpms, cut throttle (the bike will lean foward abit) and re-apply almost full throttle and it'll pop right up, and i ride it out until i hit near redline ^_^

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! The bike is all stock apart from the exhaust. Stock sprocket. I figured out how to wheelie in first gear without any clutch. What i do i rev to about 7500-8000rpms (when you see i attempt to lift once but it doesnt lift up high enough its because i was too low in the rpms or not enough throttle, then i try again and it lifts much higher) so once you up to those rpms, cut throttle (the bike will lean foward abit) and re-apply almost full throttle and it'll pop right up, and i ride it out until i hit near redline ^_^

About 1st gear redline? how fast are you going when you wheelie, 60+ mph?
:eek:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
About 1st gear redline? how fast are you going when you wheelie, 60+ mph?
:eek:
When i start it i think its around 30-40mph. I start at about 7500/8000rpm then ride it out until near redline and bring the bike down (because i dont know how to shift while in a wheelie, lol)

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this a fun thread or what. :D
I've lifted my front wheel a couple of times using the same technique as Av, but it causes me some trepidation. However, I figure it's not a bad idea to scare yourself once in a while just to get the heart pumping, and to remind you that you're still alive. :thumbup:
I know videos are usually not an accurate representation of how our various aftermarket exhausts truly sound, but I'd say that my Scorpions (no DB killers) are a bit louder than Av's pipes...not much, but definitely a bit louder.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Is this a fun thread or what. :D
I've lifted my front wheel a couple of times using the same technique as Av, but it causes me some trepidation. However, I figure it's not a bad idea to scare yourself once in a while just to get the heart pumping, and to remind you that you're still alive. :thumbup:
I know videos are usually not an accurate representation of how our various aftermarket exhausts truly sound, but I'd say that my Scorpions (no DB killers) are a bit louder than Av's pipes...not much, but definitely a bit louder.

Haha seriously! The first time i did a wheelie like that i was shaking for the rest of the day, lol! I think the Scorps are probably a little louder, i remember seeing a video on YouTube and they really scream, i think the Leo's are a bit more "refined" once the rpms get going (maybe they abit more whiny?) as to the Scorps are more Brutal maybe? Once again hard to tell from just videos ;)