FZ6 Fender Elimination and Panniers

jackjohnsonuk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

Only got my FZ6 -2004 - faired a few weeks ago and am loving it! I want it to be a dual purpose motorcycle, acting as a English B road carver when I'm out with the guys, and a pack horse luggage carrier when I go 2-up riding with my wife and do some short haul touring. It seems to work great as both from the few run outs I've done of both so far.

Currently it has a Yamaha OEM rack with a Givi monolock top box on it. I personally think the top box spoils the look of it, but like the practicality of having the storage. I think just panniers gives a much nicer look. I'd like either V35's or a "normal" hard cases (large enough to store the lids in when we arrive) but want to be able to simply remove the racking when it's not in use to return the bike to a sexy clean look.

One of my mates has a Naked FZ6 with a fender eliminator and LED indicators and it looks great to me. I'd love that look for when it's just me out on my own, or with the guys.

I've looked into both the SW-Motech removable racking (which seems ideal), but this requires the OEM numberplate from what I can see, and the Givi pl351/plx351 (which I am confident I can remove and reinstate quick enough), but this seems to need the OEM numberplate too. The added problem is then what to do with the indicators.

I've had a go searching for an answer from previous posts but couldn't find anything specific.

Any idea's you could suggest would be great..

Thanks for your help

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the lids, there is an option for securing them on the S1 version without panniers/top box.

The bracket I designed and manufacture are either black or frame matching silver. Coupled with an original Yamaha lock, that can be re-keyed to fit your ignition key. You can use one lock for two helmets or put two assemblies on one side(RS). There isn't enough room on the left side for an assembly.

The red bike is an S1 model,

Last edited: