Fz6 comparisions to old iron....

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently had a chance to ride a couple of older bikes that happened to be two cycles. It has been years since I rode these types. I found that I was suprized to find that my riding style has changed due to the high revving by my fizzer and that it really compares to the two cycles. That is, my shifting and the power range was very much the same. I've owned and ridden the wingdingers in the past. But it has been a while. I find that I'm hanging on to gear ranges longer, for power, than with other I was for other bikes. It got me wondering if anyone else has had a chance to make this comparison, also. The two cycle bikes that I rode lately were a Yamaha 400 twin, a Suzuki 380GT, and a Kawasaki 500 triple. Now when I had a chance to ride these bikes I was thinking old tech, ho hum. WRONG! I think that the only reason that I would not ride something like one of these now would be that you really cannot stop well on them. They also don't handle well. But, if you are interested in speed, look out! I would like to see a two cycle engine matched up with modern brakes and handling. The guy that let me try his toys has a Suzuki 750, The Water Buffalo, coming in soon. He tells me that I will be able to take it out for a check ride. I'm just waiting for his call, GRUMPY