FZ6 and power

CaptainCourson

Reaction score
Visit site
MAY 21st 2010 I will have my FZ6. now here is my problem. I love my brother's 08 and I was told that they (FZ6) lost power in 09 and im not sure about 2010 but I dont wanna lose power. what yr would have the most power and yet a good potintal. 2008? 2009? 2010? i plan on doing a lil aftermarket work to it . (PC III, Twobrothers pipes:rockon: mainly preformance with a few cosmetic mods)

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
are you taking it to the track? if not, don't worry about it. it has more than enough power to break the law and get you killed. even a ninja 250 has more than enough to break the law and get you killed.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Congrats on the bike and I know you're excited, but why don't you wait until you actually HAVE it and have RIDDEN it first before you start worrying about it and how much power it has or doesn't have? Seems a lot premature to start trying to daiganose a 'problem' when you don't even know if there even is a 'problem'.

Power is one thing that can be very expensive and difficult to "add-on". You will only get a little amount of bolt on HP with aftermarket mods. If your that concerend about "power loss" already then perhaps the 2010 FZ6 isn't the bike for you? Why buy something that you already know isn't going to be what you want power wise? If you like the 08 and feel it's a good fit for you, then perhaps get a used 08 and have $$$ left over to mod it out instead of getting a new 2010.

Last edited:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
My bone stock 2008 FZ6 has more than enough power to get me into trouble or even worse.

Granted, it's no liter bike, but anything with a 0-60 time of under 4 seconds is nothing to joke about. I think you'll be more than satisfied with the power output of ANY model year FZ6.

Best of luck, and be safe!

CaptainCourson

Reaction score
Visit site
I understand it has enough power and i do agree with u . also on another note aint nothing to difficult to add on or do for power and yes it is expensive but alot of great things are. its just that if it come down to an 08 or 09 and the only diff is ( hypotheticly) the 09 has less power then imma go with the 08. i will be takeing to the strip ( not right after i get it) its only 1/8mi BUT they have street legal fun nights there and iv been there before with my own car and Lake Land Collages drag car. when i go the first time with the FZ6 ill prob have my brother with me who is more experinced than me

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think you should worry about the power. On the streets and even a track FZ6 has more power than actually needed. Above 7-8K RPM she is fast. What you should worry is about your future riding techniques and how will you better your riding skills in near future. A good riding skill is what everyone needs. A retard can squeeze a throttle and go fast. Get some books and start reading since you are not getting your bike any time soon. Like people said earlier, ANY FZ6 IS FAST ENOUGH TO GET YOU IN TROUBLE IF NOT RESPECTED.
Good luck.

S

sm00thpapa

Does 1 or 2 BHP really make a difference? Maybe on a race track, but other then that I really don't think it matters.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea what the...what is the difference? I havn't heard about the power difference. I thought they were same everything, just new color schemes

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 has enough power to high side you in a second, if you are not careful, whilst in sport mode.....and in the right hands, an FZ6 will keep any of the supersport 600's honest...more than enough grunt!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
... I was told that they (FZ6) lost power in 09 ...

hum.. never heard about anything but a change of color scheme in the 09 models.. how reliable is the person who told you this? did he got confused with the fz6R, which indeed "lost" power :Flip: :)