FZ6 Aftermarket Shock

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know of any good aftermarket "taller" shocks, other than Ohlins? Ohlins is just "a bit" tooo pricy for my taste. Or know if any other bike shocks are compatible?:rockon:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wilbers and Penske...both fairly expensive....and I'm not sure if they will meet your taller needs indirectly.

What are you trying to accomplish? That is, what's the overall goal?

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I've got ConvertiBar handlebars and in order to have put them the way i was imagining, i dropped the front about almost an inch. With that I was hopeing to raise my back end (about an inche to compensate), and stiffen it (stoppies, i weight about 210).

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Your bike will be standing on its nose if you do that. Don't you need to drop the rear to comepensate for the front being dropped? It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish (more to it than what we've discussed so far) but dropping the front AND raising the rear will be way different than stock.

The R6 shock is shorter and from what I understand does not need to be resprung/valved. It also cost about $30 on eBay.

I'm assuming you have the rear set on 6 or 7 right now? Too much sag out back? Have you upgraded your front suspension at all?

Last edited: