FZ6 2008 Battery replacement

bikervietnam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Please help me with the part number / model of the battery that I need to replace for my old one. :confused:

are all FZ6 bikes having the same size (length, height,...)?:confused:

Thanks,

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yuasa YT1 2B-BS is the OEM battery. There are many aftermarket batteries that are an equivalent. I find it hard to believe that an 08 has a bad battery. I suspect something else is causing the problem.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that an 08 has a bad battery. I suspect something else is causing the problem.

I agree, My 07 still has the original and it starts the first time, every time. Your situation does not sound normal. I would check the charging voltage to see if the battery is getting enough voltage to charge the battery under normal use.:(

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
i have an 08 i just replace my battery i let it sit to long. I went to the dealer and its not a warranty item. I was wireing some lights, switching the battery on and off so i drained it. I tricle charged it but nothing. I put a new one on works fine everytime just take it off go to a dealer let them try to charge it or just get a new one it cost me 97 buck i had no choise sometimes there are defective baterries. But then again you can have them check your charging system i got it done for free. The dealer said never let the battery sit for more then a month without charging if your not using it keep it on a charge

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is an '06 with 31,000 miles. Still with stock battery, no battery tender either. Surprising in this heat, you think the battery life would be nil.

chemicalsmile

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't had any problems with my 08 - I didn't have a power hookup in my storage unit last winter so it went 3 months in extreme cold without a charge but still fired right up when I took it out.

Just recently installed a SAE lead and got a tender so I can maintain it this winter

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Wolf,

My battery is Yuasa GT12B-4. so?

Thanks,

The GT12B-4 is a non USA OEM battery. Both are similar, and either will work. The YT12B-BS is the OEM USA battery, and the one Yuasa lists as the recommended replacement for American bikes.

WestCo Battery - 12V12B-4

The above WestCo I have used on other bikes, and they seem decent, and it replaces both YT12B-BS and the GT12B-4. Not sure about overseas shipping though.

Hope this helps!

Fred Fz6

M4E member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had battery problems too (new to the FZ6 this year) think it's because I wasn't revving high enough at first therefore it didn't charge properly.

Ended up discharged after 2 months

Bought a motorcycle charger (Ultimate 4, just for info, I'm sure there are a lot of other good ones around) and I plug it in every 2 weeks or so.

Now I revv above 4500rpm most of the time, and between that and charging, I have no issues anymore. Didn't even replace the original battery