FZ1 your oppinions

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would kill myself on an FZ1. The FZ6 is just fine! However, like madmanmaigret said, if it had an undertail exhaust... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would kill myself on an FZ1. The FZ6 is just fine! However, like madmanmaigret said, if it had an undertail exhaust... Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... :D

Or...okay it's a bit slow in the TOC today...how about putting that bad ass fork on the fizzer? That would be too cool.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

...:eek:

Yamaha%20Underseat%20xtrem.jpg

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Agree...if they had a naked or not so ugly version, I would have bought one already. I'm fazer-less right now and probably won't buy another either because of it (I want a liter cus i'm fat and hungry for speed)

midnightfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
My dealer let me take their 2007 FZ1 naked demo out for a spin. It had a power commander and scorpion pipe installed. Very loud, would definitely install a db killer.
I had a pretty good relationship with the dealer as I've bought 2 new FZ6's through him. I asked for a demo and confessed that I wasn't interested in buying one at that stage, however I came back from the test ride with a big grin wanting one. It's a serious contender for the next bike. The power really needs to be respected. It would be able to get you into trouble extremely quickly. I was very happy with the fueling, probably down to the power commander and the 2007's are meant to be smoother.
The riding position was slightly more uncomfortable than the FZ6. I'm 6'2. My legs were noticeably more bent, and I did get a cramp at one stage. Maybe aftermarket rearsets would help.
But....you asked about the looks....I love it! Would always go for the faired., for practicalities. Both look awesome. Would have to get it in black/ black engine.
I also took the Ducati Hypermotard out for a spin in the same week, but that's another story!

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
Now you've done it! I can't look at other bikes without spotting the hideous frame welds. I have to turn my head in disgust. <sigh>

H ah ah ahah ha ha h!!! Welcome to my little world!! He h heeeee.e.....

Getting serious here, those welds in the frames are an EYESORE for me. I CAN'T STAND WELDS IN THE FRAMES. I don't like the look of them and they look like stretch-marks!! (Actually, that statement isn't far from the truth).

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll bet anyone that the FZ1 will be redesigned down the road which will include an undertail exhaust. What makes the FZ6 so much more popular over the FZ1 is because I believe that it has an undertail exhaust. I think everyone agrees that the undertail rocks! I would rather get an R1 vs the R6 becuase the R1 has an undertail exhaust. In the meantime I or we all will just have to wait.

Nick

Reaction score
Visit site
Fz1 is a great bike very quick
ugly weld but a damn good bike i hope they change the exhaust and frame by 2010 when i go buy one!

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I lke the naked one very much...

2008-FZ1-ABS-colour-white_prv_tcm46-207277.jpg

I would have to put on an after market exhaust as the standard one is well gross.

I agree, I would definitely have to get rid of that exhaust it does not look good on the bike. It is too big and bulky for the clean design of the bike.
I really like the FZ1, although it is a bit tall for me so I am not sure if I will ever own one.. but if I could find a way.......

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Engine

2008 FZ6 2007 YZF600R
Bore x Stroke 65.5 x 44.5mm 62mm x 49.6mm
Carburetion Group Fuel Injection, 36mm throttle bodies (4) 36mm Keihin CV downdraft
Compression Ratio 12.2:1 12:1
Final Drive O-ring chain O-ring chain
Ignition TCI Digital TCI
Transmission 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch 6-speed w/multiplate clutch
Type 600cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 16 valves 599cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 4-cylinder 16-valve

Chassis

2008 FZ6 2007 YZF600R

Brakes/Front Dual 298mm floating disc; 4-piston calipers Dual 298mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
Brakes/Rear 245mm disc; single-piston caliper 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
Suspension/Front 43mm telescopic fork, 5.1-in travel 41mm telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 5.1" travel
Suspension/Rear Single shock; adjustable preload, 5.1-in travel Single shock w/remote reservoir and adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; 4.7" travel
Tires/Front 120/70-ZR17 120/60-ZR17
Tires/Rear 180/55-ZR17 160/60-ZR17
Dimensions

2008 FZ6

2007 YZF600R
Dry Weight 410 lb 417 lb.
Fuel Capacity 5.1 gal 5.0 gal.
Height 47.6 in 46.9"
Length 82.5 in 81.1"
Rake (Caster Angle) 25.0° 25.0"
Seat Height 31.3 in 31.7"
Trail 3.8 in 3.82
Wheelbase 56.7 in 55.7"
Width 29.5 in 28.5"
Other

2008 FZ6

2007 YZF600R
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty) 1 Year Limited Warranty
MSRP* $6,999 (Raven) Available from October 2007
$6,999 (Cobalt Blue) Available from October 2007
$7,099 (Team Yamaha Blue)

2008 Yamaha FZ6 Home, information, info

I really like the old Thundercat. If the dealership would have had some in stock, I just might might have gone with it. It has a longer stroke, so it probably produces more torque across the powerband. To me it was Yamaha's true sport tourer. Too bad they discontinued it. I think if they updated it with fuel injection it would have been more powerful. I wouldnt mind the carbs tho. If I ever find a good deal for one of these in the future I will probably get it.