MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I swapped from the fz6 stock to the fz1 bars much more comfortable for me alittle more sporty for 30 bucks its worth a shot, for under 100$ usd you can get risers fz1 and fz6r bars and try them all.

and if you want the money back resell via the forum you probably lose less that 10-15$

seems like a win win to me find what you truly need and get your money back

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
So the way you guys are talking (I think) the FZ6R bars are at a different angle than the FZ6 bars, but not any higher then? If I want to sit up straighter, it seems the risers are still needed?

Thanks, Ron

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Correct. The reason for FZ6R swap is for the better wrist angle, there is no difference in height, it actually makes you reach about an inch further since the bend angle is a little less. If your wrists arent bothering you, then sounds like the risers are the only thing you need. The Tusk ones I posted above are the cheapest option, ~$25 for 30mm rise, and you shouldnt need to change any brake lines or cables.

ront

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks again for all of your help everyone!! I think I know exactly what I need to do now!

Ron

Argyle

abstract thinker
Reaction score
Visit site
Drew Terry, this post is great - thank you for posting photos. I am planning some comfort upgrades to my bike before next spring, primarily focused on the handlebars. I have a bad back and after a few days up in Vermont this fall it was really bothering me. I am pretty sure the forward lean angle is at least partially to blame, so I want the most upright ergonomics possible.

A couple of questions:

1. with the risers and the FZ1 bars, are you completely upright? If not, how does the forward lean compare to the FZ6 bars without aftermarket risers? More/less/same? I hate the wrist position when using the FZ6 bars but I am most concerned with sitting straight up.

2. Did the rubber under the risers help with vibration? This is another problem I have with the bike, my right hand goes numb and if I'm out a long time, I can feel it for as long as a day afterward. I've considered this solution but I've never seen it applied until now. Would love to know how it's working for you.

Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars and very happy. Things to consider: I'm 5'10" w/30" inseam and lean forward a bit. My style is to float my hands on the bars not really hold them, just guide them. Thus no pressure on my wrists, but muscles must hold me up right.

Something critical that many people over look is the lever position in relation to your body. Think of your shoulder joint as a starting point. Run a straight line through forearms,through your wrists and to your fingers. For me, I feel much better with the levers tilted down such that the line I had you draw keeps all of my parts parallel. This includes my fingers when I actuate the levers. If your wrists are angled up and your REACHING UP for the levers, you need to move them down by rotating them.

Stick your arms out straight in front of you. C0ck your wrist back towards your shoulders w/finger upwards. Now make a fist. Notice its not to comfy. Repeat with your hands out straight and parallel to your forearms. MUCH better yes!!

Keep that in mind on your bike and adjust the levers to match you to that bike!

JJD952