FZ in carwash low pressure?

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it OK to take the FZ to the self spray wash? I was told by the service manager it was OK for my TW200 if I let it cool for a few minutes first. Is it OK for FZ if I let it cool for 5 minutes and then don't hit it with high pressure? I like this wash because it has a pre-soak, then wash, then no-spot rinse and it really doesn't leave any spots!!!! One stop wash for $1.50.

This only qualifies if your are on the bike in full rain gear;)

Your choice ultimately, you'll find a wide variety of opinions...

Sounds like there should be no problem. Just pull off to the side when you let your bike cool for 5 minutes; they'd shoot you for blocking the lane in Utard and you're in Albuquerque, even worse! :eek: :D

Thank you!! It's not too bad depending on the time and day!!! Pick the wrong time and I could get shot or get beat up for tying up the lane!! LOL. This car wash is really new and nice!! Has a lot of settings and I can't see any prob's. Tokk my TW there and it came out brand new for $1.50. And no hard water spots!!

Yep, I have a friend with a VFR who has to wash his bike at a car wash because he lives in an apartment, and it's worked fine for almost 10 years. Just keep the water (even low pressure) out of the exhaust and air intake and it should be fine.

I wash mine at the carwash all the time. I even use the high pressure. Wanna know why?

Well to start with its designed to operate in the driving rain at speeds in excess of 100 mph.
All of the fasteners are quality, all of the seals are quality, its a well made machine.

I dont sit a blast at the bearings, or head bearings, I dont sit and blast the chain but everywhere else is fine.

Think about it.
Your riding down the road at 80mph up pops a huge thunderstorm. The bike goes from dry and blazing hot to soaking wet and cooled almost instantly. Whats the difference? I dont let it cool at all, just spray it down and go.

I wash mine at the carwash all the time. I even use the high pressure. Wanna know why?

Well to start with its designed to operate in the driving rain at speeds in excess of 100 mph.
All of the fasteners are quality, all of the seals are quality, its a well made machine.

I dont sit a blast at the bearings, or head bearings, I dont sit and blast the chain but everywhere else is fine.

Think about it.
Your riding down the road at 80mph up pops a huge thunderstorm. The bike goes from dry and blazing hot to soaking wet and cooled almost instantly. Whats the difference? I dont let it cool at all, just spray it down and go.

so true. so very true.

Aw heck, I live in a house with a garage and 2 hoses!!!!LOL It's just easier to go to the carwash!!! I just love the spot-free rinse because if I wash it with Albq. water, there will be A LOT of water spots when it dries!!

Back