FZ-6R raves from Motorcycle Consumer News

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry I'm putting this in the FZ-6 section, I couldn't get into the FZ-6R forum for whatever reason... :confused:

Motorcycle Consumer News is not on a lot of newsstands but their reviews are spot-on. They compared the FZ-6R, Kawi 650 ER-6n, and the Suzuki "Happy Butt" Gladius 650 in a head-to-head. The Yamaha won the contest in spades! In fact, in the ten areas they rate the bikes on, the FZ-6R got 10/10 in nine areas, and 9/10 in the last; I haven't seen any bike do that well since I'd started getting that mag. Despite the 20-hp deficit, they absolutely loved everything about the bike except its missing centerstand.

Congrats! :cheer:

Motorcycle Consumer News - MCNews.com - The most complete, most detailed and most accurate information about every aspect of motorcycling.

Last edited:

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
doesnt sound like a whole lot of competition in that comparo.... put it up against the sv650s ninja 650r honda 599 and street triple like the FZ6 is up against and it would fall on its face

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
They should have put it up against the GSX650F for a better match
BTW, you can get the diversion with a centerstand, so I suppose that could be retrofitted to the FZ6R