FZ-6 SMOKE SEQUENTIAL INTEGRATED SIGNAL LED Tail Light

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a Motodynamic Clear taillight today on my Fz1. I went with the clear because I'm blacking out my bike piece by piece, and the only shiny parts will be the headlight, the taillight and the triple trees.

View attachment 46638View attachment 46639

I just checked in full dark and I would say the light is about as bright (maybe not) but the brake light is brighter for sure, and I like the 3 strobe burst.

I need to get a resistor to slow down the flashers, right now with all the LED's I have on the bike the full sequential portion of the LED taillight doesn't illuminate.

LF1-S-Flat at the bottom of the page(link). No need for resistors. $8.95 and you have an electronic flasher that will keeps it's flash rate regardless of load.

Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

That new tail light looks really great! :)

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Can we set it up to not flash 3 times when you apply the brake?
I'll likely leave that function on, but I need to do a road test this summer and don't want to draw the testers attention to the wrong things.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll likely leave that function on, but I need to do a road test this summer and don't want to draw the testers attention to the wrong things.

Didn't see anything in the installation instructions to suggest that was an option.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site

On my instructions there was a button on the ballast that you had to press a certain number of times to turn on or turn off that flash function. However, my ballast is completely taped up.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
My tail light came in today, and I'll get it on the bike Sunday.:cheer: I went with the clear.:thumbup:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunno if this makes sense, but I think the brighter tail light allows people to gauge the distance behind my bike better now. I actually don't like it because they (cagers) all have been inching up closer. Before they would stay back a full car length now they are about 1/4 to 1/2 car length behind me at lights.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunno if this makes sense, but I think the brighter tail light allows people to gauge the distance behind my bike better now. I actually don't like it because they (cagers) all have been inching up closer. Before they would stay back a full car length now they are about 1/4 to 1/2 car length behind me at lights.

With my Olympia hi viz jacket they stay back, so I hope it will be the same when I add the tail light.:confused:

I do think the 3 quick flash will help, so it's a trade off. I'll let you know what I think next week.:rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my tail light on tonight, and it looks very cool.:rockon: I left my oem turn signals on for extra lights.:thumbup: Well worth the $80.:cheer:

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my tail light on tonight, and it looks very cool.:rockon: I left my oem turn signals on for extra lights.:thumbup: Well worth the $80.:cheer:

How did you hook up the factory signals with the motodynamic tail light? I assume you had to splice wires correct? Did you splice into the motodynamic wires or the FZ's wires?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You can just run your Motodynamic right off the OEM wires that go to the original or aftermarket signals.

Also a good idea because motorist may not notice your tail light giving the directional signal and in some states like California, the directional lights must have a minimal 9 inch separation.:)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
You can just run your Motodynamic right off the OEM wires that go to the original or aftermarket signals.)

+1 that's what I did. Works very well.:rockon:

With this light my hi viz jacket, and a very loud new horn, I'm praying that it helps me to be safe.:rockon: