Funnel mishap

viper_2031

Reaction score
Visit site
So I had posted about the funnel incident last week and I have since had a chance to take the oil pan down and the piece of plastic that was cut off of the funnel by the clutch when I inadvertently left it in and started the bike was nowhere to be found. I checked the oil filter and screen and all of the oil ports on the bottom end of the engine. For now I have ordered the gasket for the clutch cover and I am going to remove that and see if it is just stuck in there I hope that is the case! Any tips/tricks on removing the clutch cover without having to reset/adjust anything and just being able to put it back on easily would be greatly appreciated.My main question is if the cover can be removed without removing the control cable, i.e. will it just slide out? or are there small parts that will be potentially lost? or springs that will be impossible to line back up? I have a yamaha service manual and it doesn't really go into enough detail anyone with experience please help me! Thanks again.
J
2007 FZ6 RED

W

wrightme43

Well crap man. I apoligise. If it didnt make it to the oil pan, it should still be in the clutch cover.

I have only removed the covers, from a ninja250 engines. You will have to remove the clutch cable. You can adjust it back. If you want just mark it with a sharpie to make it easier to be close when you get done.

I would just plug the coolant hose so it doesnt leak instead of draining it.

Once you get the bolts out you will have to sorta lift and wiggle the clutch lever thing on the cover. Thats it.

It should have a O-ring seal so you more than likely wont have to replace the gasket.
I didnt.

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you sure that it took a chunk of the funnel off and didn't just grind it down? Maybe there are no pieces to be found?:confused:

viper_2031

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it was a solid piece as I didn't hear the funnel hit the clutch more than a couple times and it is not worn off but rather appears to be cut. . . . So I will hope to find it in the clutch housing.