Full specifications and photos released for Yamaha's new middleweights - the FZ8 and Fazer8

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Image Gallery Yamaha has finally released full specifications for its new middleweight street sportsbikes, the naked FZ8-N and semi-faired Fazer8.

More...

Davop

Reaction score
Visit site
I must say that I would have prefered a under seat exhaust. But there are elements that I like about it. Including the wheels, and swing arm. I don't like the split seat. That should only be on R models and race replicas. Over all I think the styling works best on the naked version.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm I don't really appreciate them calling our beloved FZ6 a donk...brings to mind images of stupidly modified cars. I'm surprised it only gets a few (7?) horsepower more with that extra 179cc. Between the 8 and the 1, since they weigh the same and have the same stuff, I'd likely choose the 1.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefere the underseat exhaust, looks a lot better IMO. Not to keen on the colour of the forks on the "black" Fazer. Split seat I actually like this.

Should of stayed with underseat exhaust IMO.

linux geek

Reaction score
Visit site
intersting read

I have an older 2003 fazer been holding off getting an upgrade as the newer fazer was not different enough and could not find anything else id rather have

the new 800 may just fit the bill If I get a really good season and lots of use from the fazer this summer then will def be looking at the 800

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like it, I think that the torque is a huge improvement, with the FZ1 frame and swingarm, i can see a lot of modifications ready to happen.

depending on the price though, i would probably just get the fz1 for the adjustable suspension, and the extra kick in the HP