Fuel Range

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I got 230 today before flashing, and then refilled at 240 done total, for 15.6 litres.
Not that great considering about 180 of it was highway riding :(

But what's the speed limit on Australian highway's? Because here in Europe it is mostly around 120km/h. And then I ride at 6000rpm's...

Z

Zealadin

Yea, altho I'm mainly using the M2,M4,M7 so they are all between 70 and 100km/h, unless I go for a good weekend ride.
The M2 and M7 aren't bad in the mornings if you beat the traffic jams, but they also have cops often enough that its generally not worth pushing it. (altho that can be said of almost any road these days)

bazza

I'll sleep when I die!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I regulaly travel the Hume Hwy in NSW and average 330km out of my tank, siting on 110 to 120kmh, this was doing 25km on reserve. last trip I pushed reserve a bit more and got just over 350km before the thought of a long walk got the better of me. when I filled up it took 18.5 litres ( wont do that again).
regards Bazza

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I regulaly travel the Hume Hwy in NSW and average 330km out of my tank, siting on 110 to 120kmh, this was doing 25km on reserve. last trip I pushed reserve a bit more and got just over 350km before the thought of a long walk got the better of me. when I filled up it took 18.5 litres ( wont do that again).
regards Bazza

mate, what ya talking about......you could of ridden on for at least another 2km's......lol! 18.5, that is running it close....think i have spluttered into a service station on empty, and only put 18.7 litres in before!

:eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow 18.7. I was cutting it thin. I usually only get 240km around town ( but that maybe because of my wrist lol).
cheers Bazza:thumbup:

240km's sounds about right to me, for round town usage....well that's what i used to get when i used it for commuter duties...which i dont anymore.

:thumbup:

Redz_baller

Reaction score
Visit site
I almost push my luck today... I had a chance to fill up but didn't. Anyway, I was at 254 kms before the next gas station which is 114 kms. Before I decided to continue my ride, did a quick math I though approx. 370 kms I should be at the gas station no problem... But halfway to the mountain F-trip came on and there was no turning back...

It was the longest ride I ever been to looking at the fuel gauge and how far before the gas station... Sweating on mountain passes ..hahahaha.

Filled up 17.1 liters and showed 56kms on the f-trip.

Z

Zealadin

Wow thats cutting it pretty fine, although on the open road it does seem to last a little longer :p

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice effort mate. Never got to ride Putty road. (Did it in my Torana a few times though.)

Had a similar effort today myself. Hit Reserve at 188km. First dry roads for 2 months I reckon.:rockon::rockon:

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
188!?
holy ****!

Thats not the stock fuel map is it?

Sure is:thumbup:. Had a really good fill too. The pump stopped late and it did the "empty the line" thing before I could take the nozzle out:cheer:...lol. Got down under 130 on a track day:eek:. I do have a bit of a "tic" in my wrist though:D....causes it to twist back all the time....dead annoying really but I've learned to put up with it:rockon:...lol.

Cheers
Mike

Aleziel

Reaction score
Visit site
How long do you have the bike m8? i used to get the F-trip on 180Kms, but 7000kms on my odometer, the F-trip lights up at 200-210 (and im hoping it will get better after 10K)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How long do you have the bike m8? i used to get the F-trip on 180Kms, but 7000kms on my odometer, the F-trip lights up at 200-210 (and im hoping it will get better after 10K)

I've got 47,000+km on my odo. There was a noticeable difference once it "loosened up" but that passed quickly and I got to know my bike better.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit reserve after 120km once....rather spirited run in the Riverland, very early in the morning....210-230km is normal for commuting, 180-190, for sport riding.

:eek:

at the track with PCIII attached, i get about 120...before the F trip kicks in.

:rockon: