Fuel Range

b3nje909

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I've done a quick search and some reads of threads on this forum.

I'm currently getting about 170-180 klicks from 14 litres............

My Fuel guage "E" starts flashing around here, and my F-Trip comes on (why does it count up and not down???)

2 questions.

What is an average fuel range?

When do you know you have hit reserve?

My fuel consumption is a fair bit different to the first Km response from THiS thread.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently getting about 170-180 klicks from 14 litres.........

Hmm, seems a bit low... I get around 310Km's from about 16 litres normally.

When do you know you have hit reserve?

When "F Trip" comes on... It count's up so that you know how far you have gone since hitting "reserve", and best to get to a petrol station soon. I haven't tested it too much, most I've gone after going F Trip is about 35 Kms, but the tank only took about 17 litres, so there was still a couple of litres to go.

:rockon:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats one thirsty bike you got there mate !

I get about 280-300 k's from 16 ltr's and have gone 40 k's on reserve without running out,never put more than 18 ltr's in it.
F-trip is the reserve indicator,took me ages to get used to not turning the fuel tap,lol
F-trip counts up so that you know how far you have gone on reserve.

EDIT: Damn Dave ,lol

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i will get about 180 - 200 in semi cruise mode, about 230 in touring mode, and as low as as 130 in fang mode, before hitting reserve...but i do have a PCIII, and custom map.

:thumbup:

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site
With pc3 and the sprocket change i'm now getting around 210km before reserve around town, used to get around 280-300 when it was stock. I guess its the price to pay for better performance. no regrets though and its still cheaper than a car.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With pc3 and the sprocket change i'm now getting around 210km before reserve around town, used to get around 280-300 when it was stock. I guess its the price to pay for better performance. no regrets though and its still cheaper than a car.

in my car...i stress about fuel usage, with my bike, i could'nt care less....no matter how much i use, it's still a truckload less than my super thirsty xr6!

:thumbup:

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
I run nothing but BP ultimate. I get 300-350kms per tank depending on my attitude. I also do a bit of freeway commuting which would help with range as its a boring cruise.

reserve is said to give 40kms. have had mine out to 32kms before refuelling.

Hey wolfman....that fuel consumption is scary.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit reserve at 139 and 120 last week....lol....track day.

-2 front sprocket, no PCIII, and I get 210km in the wet and put in 15 litres average...Less in the dry obviously...lol:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Z

Zealadin

Interested to hear what other people are getting, I'm still running my bike in and have been getting the reserve at about 230~ish mainly because its almost been totally city standstill riding /sigh.
I do take off fast while staying below that 8k rev range, 200ks to go till first service!!!
I did about 110k the other day and it only fell by 1 bar so I get the feeling that motorways are the bikes prefered road-type.

I also only use premium because it always seems to run better and get better mileage, plus the normal fuel these days is absolute #$%*. Totally avoiding shell stations certainly helps the bike run well though.

Concept

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually average around 250km - 260km before she starts flashing and I usually put in 14L. This is round town riding with probably 30% two up also, the bike is 14months old and has 5300km's on the clock with 2 services under the belt. Oh and its stock standard.

I must admit I did not think it was very good mileage but the bike goes like the clappers when you keep winding that throttle around and I have trouble not letting it out from time to time :D

I therefore assume that I could get close to the 300k mark before reserve if I rode consistantly steady and it was all lone rider stuff (not going to happen). That then puts it in the 400km range if I ran it dry, which I hope never to do.

So aprox 5.5 liters per 100 km's normal operation.
and assumed 4.6 liters per 100 km's ideal operation.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I run nothing but BP ultimate. I get 300-350kms per tank depending on my attitude. I also do a bit of freeway commuting which would help with range as its a boring cruise.

reserve is said to give 40kms. have had mine out to 32kms before refuelling.

Hey wolfman....that fuel consumption is scary.

my bike is scary!

:rockon:

buzzbomb

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine averaged around 280kays til reserve, then I got the new TPS put in (mine was recalled) and it seemed to improve to around 310-320kays. Even tho my TPS wasn't playing up, the bike does feel different (much better off/on transition!). Bike is dead standard. I must be a slow rider! LOL

Z

Zealadin

I got 230 today before flashing, and then refilled at 240 done total, for 15.6 litres.
Not that great considering about 180 of it was highway riding :(