FS: Wrecked 2007 FZ6 - Parted or sold as whole $1500

Arkaybee

Reaction score
Visit site
My sister wrecked on her FZ6 and cracked the front end of the frame. She only had liability insurance so we've decided to part it out or sell it as a whole if anyone would be interested. The bike is completely stock with a few cosmetic changes like fender eliminator and turn signals. The front end is pretty messed up but everything past the handle bars seems to have survived with no issues (a few scrapes here and there). The bike does start, run and shifts thru all gears.

I am willing to take parts off and sell them individually but am really hoping someone will just take the entire bike (to save me the trouble haha). PM with questions. Again, it is completely stock.

Make me an offer on parts. I am not really knowledgeable on how much stuff costs so make an offer

Crappy iphone pics:

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum

Hopes your sister's okay.
Good luck on recovering costs.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
incoming PM.

let's see if we can work out the following

1) Driver foot peg. not whole assembly just the peg and pin.

2) Handlebar retaining clamp (the silver piece with the logo that keeps the handlebar on.) Would like the bolts to go with it.

3) Header pipe.

4) If you feel so inclined to give anything away.. the 2 black tie cable things that attach to the handlebar to tidy up the cables.

Will pay fair shipping

Last edited:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
OUCH!!! Welcome to the FZ6 Forum. Sorry it is under these circumstances. I am in the same boat you are in. I would like to sell mine as a whole too. Trying to sell mine for $900. If I haven't sold it by the winter, I'll start parting it out. I'm thinking wheels, tires, swing arm, fenders, etc.

Arkaybee

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's condolences. She is ok, just a bit scraped up.

She went into a turn too shallow, hit some gravel and went into a ditch at about 45 mph. We were in a canyon and I was riding behind her to critique her riding so I saw the whole thing.

About ten people stopped to help out but she didn't need immediate medical attention or an ambulance. One guy was camping just up the road and took us back to his RV where she was nursed by his wife while we sat in camp chairs and talked haha.

We were on our way home from a family reunion so I had my parents take our detour and take her home. We picked up the bike later that night. We are all very grateful for the good samaritans that helped us out and that she was/is OK.

She had full gear on btw; helmet, jacket, boots and gloves. A word to all the newbs: wear your gear. It will save your life. Something as simple as a jacket prevented her from having to scrape gravel out of her arms and getting skin grafts.

She's been riding for 3 months and I have for 2 years. She wants to get another bike :D

Arkaybee

Reaction score
Visit site
She wants (hopes) for 1500 for the entire thing. I've been told that a frame can be had for about 400, so that, a few fairings and a couple weekends could buy an fz6

And yes, she is single ;)

mikesfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
does anybody know if the front fender on an 07 will fit on an 06? is the red paint a match for shift red?

Arkaybee

Reaction score
Visit site
For everyone that has PM'd me: I am taking parts off today so don't think I've abandoned you. I'll be sending out PMs later tonight or tomorrow

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
does anybody know if the front fender on an 07 will fit on an 06? is the red paint a match for shift red?

I'm pretty sure the front fender changed from 06 to 07 slightly. I don't believe they are the same. The red color from the 06 to the 07 however might actually be the same color code. color rite.com says they are anyways.

Arkaybee

Reaction score
Visit site
***Update***

Sold:

Handlebar clamp
Rear foot pegs
speedo
rear fender elim + signals.
Shift arm

Pending:

swingarm
chain guide
chain
Rear Axle

This is what I remember so far. There might be a couple other things but feel free to ask.

Last edited: