Fs: 2006 fz6 street fighter, 16k miles, 3100 obo, washington dc area

maratik999

Reaction score
Visit site
BIKE SOLD

FOR SALE: 2006 YAMAHA FZ6 WITH 16K MILES (STREET FIGHTER CONVERSION)
- Bike is in pristine condition mechanically. Needs nothing except for regular maintenance to keep the bike running like new. Pulls hard in all gears as it should, clutch is in perfect shape. Front and rear brakes perform extremely well. Bike was used to go on rides during weekends and occasional commute to work. Has never been in the rain, stunted, abused, or anything of that nature. This was my first bike so it did take a fall while i was practicing u-turns in a parking lot and another time slipped on gravel (both extremely low speed). Cosmetic damage extremely minor which can be seen on frame sliders. Bike has been garaged and never left in the elements. Below you will see a walk around video link. Photo gallery link is also provided.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5R7OwDca_U]YouTube - 2006 Yamaha FZ6[/ame] (WALK AROUND VIDEO)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32mt8PDyD8]YouTube - 2006 Yamaha FZ6 Start Up[/ame] (WALK AROUND VIDEO)
MobileMe Gallery (PHOTOS)

This bike handles extremely well in twistys. The sitting position in the after market Corbin seat is sublime. Hours, upon hours of comfortable riding position affords you a great balance of sport and touring capabilities.

PRICE: $3100 OBO
- I priced the bike accordingly after checking NADA guide and KBB. The previous owner sold it to me at a fair price so i would like to extend the same courtesy to the next owner.
- I will only accept cash. Test rides are welcome and encouraged. Only thing i ask is that the money is in my hands while you test ride. Welcome to bring your friends who know bikes mechanically and inspect this bike. I am flexible.
- Clean and clear title in hand in my name ready to be signed over for a smooth transaction.
- I have a few transportation contacts here for those who might want to get this shipped to them. Willing to split shippings costs to make the deal if necessary.

EXTRAS ON THE BIKE:
- Bracket attached to fuel tank for GPS or Camera mount (GPS/Camera not included)
- Heated grips for year round riding comfort
- Yamaha R6 forks and brakes (an awesome upgrade over stock).
- Renthal street bend bars (very similar to stock, just stiffer, lighter and nicer looking. I’ll include the stock bar if you want to change it to stock)
- V-Rod headlight on custom machined aluminum brackets (this conversion is of very high quality)
- TechSpec tank grips (these peal off cleanly if you don’t like them)
- Corbin Seat
- Power Commander USB III (tuned for Two Bros Exhaust)
- Two Bros aluminum exhaust. (Slip On)
- Aftermarket Gold Levers

Please email me with any questions and offers and i will reply promptly with a phone number so that we can discuss more specifics.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
both.
this going to be tough to sell.
i know, i just sold mine.

i tried to get a good idea of the demand and
market value for my bike based on what i saw on craigslist, ebay
and cycletrader. i'd say you should sell it for $2500. this is the
price to sell the bike when everyone's buying. i guess that's the
spring.

No buyer really cares about your mods. sad, but true. so swap the stock
forks, exhaust, levers, etc. back in. sell the mods. some mods hold
their value very well. Your corbin seat, for example. generally, selling
mods is time consuming and you wont get more than 50% of what you
originally paid for. you should get more than 50% for your corbin.
sometimes the demand is high for some aftermarket parts, especially
if they can be used on other bikes. givi luggage is a good example.
high demand and they hold their value well.
your mods/aftermarket parts will not differentiate your bike as much as you think.
they do not increase they sale price of your bike by much, if at all.

remove the frame sliders if that's the only cosmetic damage.
then, you have a pristine bike.

post some photos.

remember that the demand for bikes here in md is seasonal.
so, adjust your price accordingly in order to stay ahead of the demand.
for example, in the early fall, when demand is about to dwindle, price the bike
to sell as if it's almost winter. instead of selling the bike for $3000 in september and then $2500 in november, sell it for $2500 right away in september.

all this, i know to be true.
glws.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
also, post this on dcsportbikes.net.
there are some noobs that check in every once in a while.
they might want your bike.
almost had one buy mine but some idiot convinced her to get a ninja 650r.
idiot noob.

here's another horrifying bit of reality i learned: nada and kbb dont exactly track the market
that well. right now they are over-estimating the sale price. there is a difference between the book value and market price. the market price is set by supply and demand. even in the spring, the supply will be high and demand low.
last time i checked, there were a lot of fz6's on the web for sale,i found 16 on Cycletrader alone ranging from $2,850 - $3999 most with low miles, a lot under 10K miles.

do you think all 16 sold before the winter? not likely. that's your competition this coming spring.

Last edited:

maratik999

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with you a 100%. Good point about removing the frame sliders actually. Didnt even think about that at first.

Im actually looking to take advantage of winter time my self and possibly find an upgrade to my FZ6. Interestingly, i sold my 2nd bike (02 GSXR 750) in less then week after posting on craigs here in MD.

Its interesting that people dont recognize the fact that mods dont add value to the bike at all. Most people take offense to that at first mention actually. When pricing my bike, i actually wanted to be fair and price it to NADA low retail value to consider season/market and not add $$ for any mods that are on the bike.

Thankfully i have had some bites on my bike and will be showing it this coming weekend. Thanks for recommending dcsportsbike.net. Often times forums dont allow FOr Sale posts if your posts count is less then certain amount. Will look into it. Thanks for input.

both.
this going to be tough to sell.
i know, i just sold mine.

i tried to get a good idea of the demand and
market value for my bike based on what i saw on craigslist, ebay
and cycletrader. i'd say you should sell it for $2500. this is the
price to sell the bike when everyone's buying. i guess that's the
spring.

No buyer really cares about your mods. sad, but true. so swap the stock
forks, exhaust, levers, etc. back in. sell the mods. some mods hold
their value very well. Your corbin seat, for example. generally, selling
mods is time consuming and you wont get more than 50% of what you
originally paid for. you should get more than 50% for your corbin.
sometimes the demand is high for some aftermarket parts, especially
if they can be used on other bikes. givi luggage is a good example.
high demand and they hold their value well.
your mods/aftermarket parts will not differentiate your bike as much as you think.
they do not increase they sale price of your bike by much, if at all.

remove the frame sliders if that's the only cosmetic damage.
then, you have a pristine bike.

post some photos.

remember that the demand for bikes here in md is seasonal.
so, adjust your price accordingly in order to stay ahead of the demand.
for example, in the early fall, when demand is about to dwindle, price the bike
to sell as if it's almost winter. instead of selling the bike for $3000 in september and then $2500 in november, sell it for $2500 right away in september.

all this, i know to be true.
glws.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Selling a bike is frustrating.
Most of my posting was a cathartic rant on selling my own bike.:banghead:
I was trying to give you honest feedback based on my own experiences, however. :innocent:
Thanks for putting up with me. :D :thumbup:

Let me know if you post the bike on .net. I'll bump the thread for ya.

I agree with you a 100%. Good point about removing the frame sliders actually. Didnt even think about that at first.

Im actually looking to take advantage of winter time my self and possibly find an upgrade to my FZ6. Interestingly, i sold my 2nd bike (02 GSXR 750) in less then week after posting on craigs here in MD.

Its interesting that people dont recognize the fact that mods dont add value to the bike at all. Most people take offense to that at first mention actually. When pricing my bike, i actually wanted to be fair and price it to NADA low retail value to consider season/market and not add $$ for any mods that are on the bike.

Thankfully i have had some bites on my bike and will be showing it this coming weekend. Thanks for recommending dcsportsbike.net. Often times forums dont allow FOr Sale posts if your posts count is less then certain amount. Will look into it. Thanks for input.

Last edited:

maratik999

Reaction score
Visit site
Selling a bike is frustrating.
Most of my posting was a cathartic rant on selling my own bike.:banghead:
I was trying to give you honest feedback based on my own experiences, however. :innocent:
Thanks for putting up with me. :D :thumbup:

Let me know if you post the bike on .net. I'll bump the thread for ya.

Posted on dcsportsbikes.net as well for extra exposure. Thanks for the idea.