Fs: 04 fz6, $2,900

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold :(
Yes, I am seriously thinking of letting my bike go. I just bought a new house and money is VERY tight.
Here's the link to the CL ad.
CL listing... SLC
If it sells and I have the parts left over, I will be selling them separately.

It's a very sad say as I have put so much time and love into this bike. I thought I would keep her forever and eventually get another bike and play with her as time allowed.
:(

Last edited:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
You have no idea how long I've been looking for a Top Saddlery/Sellerie seat. So, please, please, please put me as first up to buy it from you. :)

Stinks that you have to let the bike go, but good luck with the sale. An FZ6 for under 3K = A steal!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
You are the first (of 3) to ask for it. If the bikes sells without it, I'll PM you and let you know.
I'm pricing it low to sell it fast. Have 2 people interested, but we'll see. It really hurts to think of letting her go...

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
..After all you put up on FZ...well I sold mine last Feb and market quite stink
Good luck with the sale and what s next....

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, you are probably better off sellng the seat separatly. It won't add much if anythign to the sale of the bike, you should be able to get $2900 for the bike with a stock seat..

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Pottie. It is going to be hard to let this part of my life go.

I still have the stock seat and pipes. I'm going to offer the buyer to buy the mods for 1/2 retail. Otherwise, off they come and I will put them up for sale here.
Feel free to call dibs on anything you would like.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you have a TCP seat cowl in the first picture, but not in your description, or signature. If you do have it, i call dibby-dibby dib-dibs on it.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
make sure you change your payroll w/holdings (via form w-4) so that they take A LOT less money out of every paycheck...this will help with cash flow.

Also, you're getting the first time home buyer credit, right? You may be able to claim it on your 2009 taxes even though you bought in 2010...not sure but I think you can amend your 2009 return to cliam the credit if you have already filed. I can check if this is relevant to you......it's $8,000.

hope this helps...PM if you want to discuss.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Defy. I already changed my withholding status, and I am sending in a 1040X which is the amended form. Since I closed before the April 30th deadline I will be getting the $8K. Part of that is going toward paying off a small CC debt I have (it's at 0% until the end of the year), the rest is going into savings. Who knows what may happen.
I'm hoping that after a few months I will have some more $$ saved up and get another bike. I'm really liking that idea of an 05 Speed Triple. The price isn't too bad and that bike just makes me drool

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you have a TCP seat cowl in the first picture, but not in your description, or signature. If you do have it, i call dibby-dibby dib-dibs on it.

No more seat cowl, sold it a few months back. I do however have a TCP lower cowl, which is next to impossible to get. If you do find it it's over $600 shipped!
Here's a photo:
fazer600s_04b.jpg

And A link to buy one...
Same deal, 1/2 off.

Last edited:

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Sold... As is (with everything still on) to a good guy. He knows the forum so I'm sure we'll be seeing him around.
Glad to see her go to a good home, and with all the mods still on.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. So many mods. So much love gone into it.

As time goes on you will forget about her little by little.

Good luck with the Speed Triple! And no need to abandon this forum either!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be here, as many others are with other bikes.

I'm honestly just glad someone appreciates the time and love that has gone into that bike and wanted to keep it in one piece.

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
I knew it wouldn't last long. Again, sorry that you had to let it go, but your next bike will be waiting for you. :D Glad you found someone who appreciates the bike.

dnellans

Reaction score
Visit site
Poor Alex - he looked like like he was going to cry as I pulled out of the driveway! Here he is sitting on his baby one last time.... Don't worry, I'll take great care of her!

DSC_5223.JPG

DSC_5226.JPG

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Poor Alex - he looked like like he was going to cry as I pulled out of the driveway! Here he is sitting on his baby one last time.... Don't worry, I'll take great care of her!

DSC_5223.JPG

DSC_5226.JPG

:welcome: and congrats on the bike! If you ever wanna trade that seat for a yamaha comfort seat + cash, let me know!

You'll enjoy the bike for sure!

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha. Thanks Dave, hope you have a great time on her.

You mind sending me those photos? I'd like to close out her photo album with those.

Last edited: