Front turn signals always on

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought an '08 FZ6 and noticed the front turn signals stay on all the time. Of course they blink when you hit the switch but the manual says nothing about this. The back ones are not on. Is this some sort of "safely" feature to increase frontal visibility?

Tim

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
They are running lights. They are supposed to stay on while riding, and blink when signaling. Yes, it's for more visibility.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that all rearward facing lights that work as running lights must be red, and since the turn signals are amber, it would be illegal.

I know there have been members here who wired their rear turn signals up to act as running lights and left them amber and haven't had any problem with the police giving them trouble. But I prefer to not give the cops a reason to pull me over...lol.

Deano

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol I thought I was confusing my FZ with my previous bike as I could have sworn that the Front turn signals were always on, but after a low speed drop on loose gravel they No longer stay on. They work normally in every other way but I have not been able to get them to stay on (when not indicating). I was starting to doubt myself as to whether or not they where originally like that...

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
It's funny that someone made a thread about this... A few weeks ago when I put on my fender delete kit, I had to disconnect the rear lights. When I hooked everything up, I noticed that the front turn signals stayed on. I couldnt remember if it was like that before I disconnected & reconnected the rear lights. I actually googled pics of FZ6s to see if their lights were on and make sure I didnt screw something up.

Deano

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha i did the same thing trawling through pics on here. I havn't touched the rear lights but can't get the front indicator lights back to always on. Any ideas on what I should be checking.
Cheers Deano

Last edited: