Front Reflectors Fell off!?!?

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey anyone else have the stock refectors attached to the forks fall off?

It looks like the metal brackets that held them on cracked and broke.... I dont notice any vibration in the bike other than the normal engine high frequencly vib at high RPMs.. Recently had new tires installed and balanced so that should be good...... Anyone else have these brackets crack and fall off? Could be just normal wear and tear?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Lol, I purposely took all my reflectors off (I hate the look of reflectors).

You want my front reflector mounts? I think I have em in my 'box-o-bike-bits'.

Burnspot

Reaction score
www.burningfiles.com

It looks like the metal brackets that held them on cracked and broke.... I dont notice any vibration in the bike other than the normal engine high frequencly vib at high RPMs.. Recently had new tires installed and balanced so that should be good...... Anyone else have these brackets crack and fall off? Could be just normal wear and tear?

Yep, I had the right side one break off. The break was a V-shape, leaving a small bit of the outward piece there. I'm guessing it's just metal fatigue from wind resistance, minor vibs, with a dash of me brushing against it at some point (fell off while in the garage).

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible the person who changed your front tire didn't remove the reflectors from the metal mounting bracket to get to the bolts behind and ended up cracking the reflector at the rear, then a matter of time before they fall off.

sfcali86

Proud Dad
Reaction score
Visit site
i took mines off but those caliper bolts that hold that bracket are seriously torqued carefull dont strip them use a 6 point socket with 3/8 drive trust me i learned my leasson by doing the opposite

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible the person who changed your front tire didn't remove the reflectors from the metal mounting bracket to get to the bolts behind and ended up cracking the reflector at the rear, then a matter of time before they fall off.

Hmmm that is a VERY GOOD point!!!... Never thought of that.....:spank:

W

wrightme43

Mine fell off the first time I took the calipers off and somehow ended up in the trash. Silly reflectors.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine fell off the first time I took the calipers off and somehow ended up in the trash. Silly reflectors.

Mine were even more silly, they compained that the caliper bolts were too tight and as soon as i loosened them they made a break for it so i threw them away as punishment and tightened the bolts back down.... I haven't seen them since...

Now all i need to do it send all my warning stickers off looking for the reflectors...someday

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site

do you want to put them back on? i can give you mine that i took off if you want.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Yep, I had the right side one break off. The break was a V-shape, leaving a small bit of the outward piece there. I'm guessing it's just metal fatigue from wind resistance, minor vibs, with a dash of me brushing against it at some point (fell off while in the garage).

I also had the right side break off, for whatever that's worth.

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, my right side fell of as well.

Is it illegal to ride without them here in California, I can get cited. Plus you want them on the bike - they can save your life one late afternoon..

I am going to order a pair from the dealer and install them ASAP.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yes, my right side fell of as well.

Is it illegal to ride without them here in California, I can get cited. Plus you want them on the bike - they can save your life one late afternoon..

I am going to order a pair from the dealer and install them ASAP.

Send some of the guys above a PM, you may get them for the cost of postage.

:rockon:

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Can one of you guys with the spare set PM me with what you want for them? I've had a post up in the buy/sell section for a while and have not even gotten a nibble.