Front brake pads?

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering what everyone was running for replacement pads. I was looking at maybe the EBC sintered pads but worried about rotor wear. Also looking at the Braking SM55 sport pads, but was curious of what everyone else was using.

fenderfreek

Reaction score
Visit site
What do you want to get out of your pads? On the FZ6, I find the stock pads to be quite acceptable. On the SV, the stock setup is not as good, so I run Vesrah RJL's for the added bite. If you're looking for more "stick" in your brakes, the RJL's have it by the truckload.

RustyBasterd

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up some EBC FA252HH pads for the front for $37 a set. I have not put them on yet but I will post up once I get them on.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the Braking brand sport pads. I still need to get some fluid to replace the old. I will post a review on them once they get broken in, also getting some new tires at the same time.

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
I put ebc HH pads a couple of hundred km ago and am very pleased with them.

No noise at all, and supreme gripping power. Don't know about the rotor wear or the lifespan of the pads though.

I'm think I'd buy them again!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Sintered brake pads wear harder on the rotors than organic. Brade pads cost less than new rotors. If one rides casual and not to the limits with extreme braking like myself organic brake pads seems to be the better choice.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
using the FA-199 EBC organic pads up front. Feels pretty close to stock, maybe just a little better. I understand the organic ones are friendly on rotor wear

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good Thread with valid points. . .

We the people (most of us) are not sponsored or racing these bikes so buying new pads vs new pads & rotors (when using the more aggressive pads) is usually acceptable.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got the new front pads on and broken in. They are the Braking CM55 Sport front pads. After initial break in they are doing very well. Atleast as good as stock, maybe a little better. I'm not sure due to how worn the OEM pads were at about 24000 miles. But they are an improvement over what I had. Didn't hear any noise from them, even during break in. Just need to see how they do as far as mileage and rotor wear.