Friends don't let friends ride your bike

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the best rules of bike ownership is to never let friends ride your bike, especially ones that have never ridin before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_BYLDXMUE"]YouTube - Motorcycle Crash[/ame]

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen this one before... fine example of "What's mine is MINE!" :D

W

wrightme43

I have let three of my friends ride my bike. None are nonriders though. Its just a bike to me. Its a machine.

If they really wanted that guy to ride they would of spent a whole whole lot more time teaching him what is what and working on the friction zone with no throttle.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"I am scared"

What a good reason to get him off the bike.

"We need a crash cage" OOOPPPSSS to late.

Don`t let non riders ride your bike. Not only can they seriously damage themselves. It can really P##s you of when your bike is sliding down the road.

Steve

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site
fookin squids...

That poor guy let his "firends" coax him onto a POS Gixxer.

What idiots, they sound like theah from Reveah aw Lynn.
Guido retards.

Even if I was deaf, and couldn't heah theah awwful MA accents, I'd haveknown it from the sideways hat and "sick" painted in what appeahs to be kindegahtenah's writing on tha tank.

These guys not only make me cringe with their disregard for safety, they make me ashamed to admit I'm from Massachussetts.

J

jsteinb95

LOL....I've seen that before.

Would you believe me if I told you Danny would let me ride the R1? :eek:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I won't let my wife ride my FZ6. I let her on my new '05 and she dropped it... less than two hours old! I put my foot down with the '08!

Now, she won't let me on her new V Star! :(

W

wrightme43

LOL....I've seen that before.

Would you believe me if I told you Danny would let me ride the R1? :eek:

Yeah, I would be proud as hell if I had a wife that could ride a R1. I bet Danny is the same way. How freaking cool would that be?

J

jsteinb95

Yeah, I would be proud as hell if I had a wife that could ride a R1. I bet Danny is the same way. How freaking cool would that be?

I don't have the guts to ride it! I know I could, but that thing scares me!!!! I

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Similar thing happened to my friend when I was teaching him to ride (luckily it was on his V Star and not my FZ!)

Why do they think "ease on the throttle slowly" means "GUN IT"?

thirty_too

FZ6 Junkie
Reaction score
Visit site
at least the dude was chill about it... fyi only my old man has ridden mine, he said it was in my better interest to let him haha

W

wrightme43

If you ever teach someone again, remember the if you get freaked out, squeeze both levers trick. Disconnet the engine and let zing, apply the brakes and stop.