Fresh paint right out of the body shop!!!

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ya go!! I had a mishap in the garage involving some oil on the floor and well scratched the tank. (as the bike landed on the sharp edge of a propane tank!!!!) So I started searching for the factory Dark Red color and only found a few places that carried it. One place was Cyclesurge.com which stay away from these guys what a big rip off the color was way off and was of poor quality. A few other places that I searched was way too expensive so I decided to go with an all new color. I found a site called TCP Global and they carry or supply Kustom Shops colors (which I think is just a knock off version of House of Kolor) I chose there Fire Red Metallic and Flat Black. The grab bars and side covers were painted black and everything else is red. I will soon go back and paint the headlight eyelids flat black also to make it look like an 08. In the pictures it looks like the factory red but believe me it is far from it. So me what you think!!! Also I have added a few things besides paint:thumbup:

View attachment 4116

View attachment 4117

View attachment 4118

View attachment 4119

View attachment 4120

Nice! I like the painted hugger too! Great choice and good depth of the metal flake! Well done!

Wow, looks outstanding! I also love the painted rear hugger, very custom and very cool.

EDIT: how much did that set you back? how long did it take?

Wow, looks outstanding! I also love the painted rear hugger, very custom and very cool.

EDIT: how much did that set you back? how long did it take?

I took it to a local body shop. It took about a week to get back. I bought the paint myself and they shot it for me. They stripped the parts down to bare plastic. All and all it cost $750 really pricey but I have only had it back for a couple of days and had so many comments on the color and the paint job itself. So it was worth it in the long run having something that is not so cookie cutter. I am all about being different:Flash:

Damnitsjeff,
how far off was the color? ive been trying to paint my hugger (three colors so far all wrong - duplicolor) and it seems to me that if it didnt match exactly, it might not be too bad for the hugger, since it is not adjacent to any other painted part.

dang vader...pulling a thread from the archives ;)

Sweet bike though. I originally wanted a red one, but dont' like the dark red (burgandy!?!) that Yamaha paints it. Sorry guys, it's just not for me... Same with the new dark blue :confused:

Back