Free at Last!

viper_2031

Reaction score
Visit site
I have chronicled my debacles with the FZ6 which I love through the curb accident that necessitated the oil pan replacement to the funnel that was left in the oil filler hole and I am proud to announce that I have finally fixed the whole thing! The piece of the funnel that was cut off by the clutch was resting just inside the clutch housing that I removed. I was very relieved! It was all in one piece also! I am never using a funnel again! Thanks for all the helpful hints I appreciate it greatly for those of you who helped me! I guess it wasn't all bad though as I am now a quasi expert in cover removal on the FZ6!
J

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have chronicled my debacles with the FZ6 which I love through the curb accident that necessitated the oil pan replacement to the funnel that was left in the oil filler hole and I am proud to announce that I have finally fixed the whole thing! The piece of the funnel that was cut off by the clutch was resting just inside the clutch housing that I removed. I was very relieved! It was all in one piece also! I am never using a funnel again! Thanks for all the helpful hints I appreciate it greatly for those of you who helped me! I guess it wasn't all bad though as I am now a quasi expert in cover removal on the FZ6!
J
Excellent news mate! Don't knock funnels just don't run the engine with it still installed lol. Did you take any pics of the removal? Did you need to remove and drain the coolant?
Please post a how to in the technical section.

Nelly

W

wrightme43

Rock on man. It was easier than you thought wasnt it? LOL. Sorry to send you on a goose chase, but now you know for absolutle certain the oilpump screen is clean too. I am happy for you.