for you Puig windscreen owners

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I have to ask all you owners of the light smoke windscreen.

If you either wear sunglasses, or have a smoked visor - can you still see out of the windscreen when you are tucked in behind it? Or are you wishing at that point that you had bought a clear screen instead of light smoke?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in sunny California, most everybody wears sunglasses. When riding my bike during the day time I switch my helmet visor to a tinted or mirrored one as not to be blinded by the big 'ole sun and crash. At freeway speeds I tuck in under my light smoke sport puig. Even though I can see through the screen with my tinted visor, my eyes are still slightly over the screen. Bottom line is don't worry about visibility issues with the light smoke Puig sport screen. I kinda have wished I ordered the dark smoke one.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in sunny California, most everybody wears sunglasses. When riding my bike during the day time I switch my helmet visor to a tinted or mirrored one as not to be blinded by the big 'ole sun and crash. At freeway speeds I tuck in under my light smoke sport puig. Even though I can see through the screen with my tinted visor, my eyes are still slightly over the screen. Bottom line is don't worry about visibility issues with the light smoke Puig sport screen. I kinda have wished I ordered the dark smoke one.

I see, so you kind of went the other way with that one... good info though

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the info Nimz. I think I will go for the light smoke then.
Anybody have the blue version and wish to comment along with posting some pics?

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the dark smoke on a Blue 2007. It looks wicked. Seeing as how I have never found myself looking through the windscreen, even when tucked in, it is perfectly fine. Based on looks: the dark smoke wins hands down.

W

wrightme43

I dont ever look thru my wind screen, its a stock but still always over it. The optics are terrible and all you can see is to late to do anything about anyway.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a light-smoke tinted visor and a PUIG light-smoke windscreen and I can still see through it at Night! But just like Nimzo sais, in my tuck position, my eyes are just above the top of my windscreen.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont ever look thru my wind screen, its a stock but still always over it. The optics are terrible and all you can see is to late to do anything about anyway.

Agreed, optics suck. Ray Bans and medium tint visor winter/fall, dark for summer, 4 weeks away from now.

Question, why do you need to tuck in? The stock bars really suck for that. Just wondering that's all...

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
Woo-hooo! My new Puig Racing Light smoke screen just arrived from UPS today! I have only installed it, but dang it looks perty!

Just a heads up for you who have not shopped at Kneedraggers before. During checkout - they have a option that says "DropShip", use this option - this means that the package gets shipped directly to you.

IF you don't select this option (which I did not) then the package gets shipped to their office on the east coast and then to you. Why does that happen? Who knows.

H

HavBlue

Even buried behind mine I can't see through it as I am too tall so I look over the top of it.

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
thats whats happening to me. so frustrating. not that big of a deal but logistically speaking how can that be productive in any way.

Yes, It is a very strange way to do business. I called them up and asked them about changing my shipping address, and because my order had not left the warehouse yet, the lady actually went and automatically upgraded me to the "drop ship" order. She even had it shipped out of the Arizona warehouse instead of hte east coast one since i'm in California. Thus my ship date went from 10 days down to 2.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i had my stock screen wrapped with my sons name in japenese(cause it's a jap bike) and i just ordered the red Puig screen because it looks great. So i can change it from time to time.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same experience with kneedraggers and it took a while for my screen to come. I should have had it shipped directly to my home.
Dani

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'8" and it makes a big difference on the highway. I have not seen anybody here with the touring screen to ask. the difference is something like 2" taller for racing vs. 4" taller for touring. I think if you are planning on doing a lot of touring you should go for the taller screen. Most of my riding will be in town commuting.
Dani

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'0 tall and would like some relief from the wind. Do I need a racing or touring Puig?

I think there is only one for the 07 and 08. I looked at a few web sites and didn't see an option for racing vs. touring.

I like mine, works great. I'm 6'0" too.

Saloman1

Reaction score
Visit site
I put mine on about a week ago and everything is great. I go to work at 4 am and duck behind it on the freeway without any visual problems. Get it, it looks great.

Saloman1