For those who don't wear a full face helmet

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
If you or anyone you know don't wear a full face helmet just watch this short video.

You will change your mind:thumbup:

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arN-GixtAdM[/nomedia]

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Lucky! ive had some pretty knarly bugs hit my helmet and it feels like a rock hitting it so i belive in ATGATT.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
full faced all the time for me, i bet that rock would have felt like a bullet without a helmet to protect from the blow.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had a friend of mine show me his face shield after he was hit by a lug nut that flew off a semi's wheel at about 60 mph!:eek: Amazingly, it did not break or shatter. It just had a big dent in it. He said it felt like it nearly took his head off, though.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Hit a June bug on the interstate going over the bay once. Doing about 70-75. Video doesn't do it justice. BANG and it knocked my bead back. Didn't really hurt, but the energy it imparted into my helmet was nuts, I couldn't image not having one, or an open face out here.

Hit one before that came in low and hit me just below the shoulder, right under where the think armor starts (had my mesh jacket on at the time). THAT felt like I had been shot, had to pull off for a min.

Had some random objects hit me in the shins too. Maybe I should invest in some pads since I've had that happen at least three times already.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had my boot sliced by a piece of flat wood once.Was coming back from Melbourne on the highway and caught up to a semi,went to pass him just as he blew a piece of wood up off the road,saw it coming ,spinning like a frisbee disk,tried to duck back in but didn't make it .Sliced a 2 inch gash in my boot ,missed my wife on the back and took the reflector clean off my trailer !

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All the things cagers take for granted. Poor motorcycyclists have to dodge : rocks, wood, lug nuts,tire pieces,and june bugs:eek:

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got hit by a wasp on the neck a few years back. I was doing about 90 Km/h. It really hurt. Thank God the wasp died on impact and didn't sting me and just went down my shirt...

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a bad accident in 1991 which broke both my arms and right leg.

I was wearing a full face and my head smashed the windscreen of the car that took me off. 9 my top front were either smashed out or had to be removed...(Put your finger in your mouth and count how many front teeth I lost).

All I can say for full face helmets is HHHOOOORRRRAYYY. Because if I did not wear it on that day I would not be typing this now.

I always wear a full face even on the cruiser. I don`t think it is the look for the cruiser but after 1991 I am either too scared or too sensible to wear anything else.

Steve

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a rather big one landing on my leg the other day and it really hurt....can't imagine the bruise it would couse if I was riding with my jeans or if that thing landed on a head w/o a helmet...ouch.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok already...............I'm convinced!!:eek:
Just kidding - I always wear full face.
BTW - was his windshield (windscreen) whipping around a bit!

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thing FZ6 riders wear full face helmets and gear!
Can't for the life of me figure why the Harley people think it's so geeky.
Must be they are just ate up with the style thing???
Another thing a full face helmet is good for, is keeping so much pollen
from being blasted into you eyes and nose. It helps alot at those pollen
times of the year.

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I got hit by a wasp on the neck a few years back. I was doing about 90 Km/h. It really hurt. Thank God the wasp died on impact and didn't sting me and just went down my shirt...

Lucky you!! I was going up a mountain road with my visor up when a bug hit my cheek. I was only doing about 40, so it stung a little bit but it wasn't bad, I figured it had bounced off.

Well.. I was wrong! A minute later I feel something crawling around on my chin, so I go to grab my chin guard and get a nice sting from a bee! Had a nice big lump on the edge of my chin for a couple days!

I've also got a few chips in my helmet from rocks, it sure is loud when they hit. But that is pretty rare, I usually get all kinds of bugs.

jeeveseatcracker

Reaction score
Visit site
full face all the way...Although I have had bugs fly into my helmet when the visor is up and somehow squeeze their way back to my ear and flap around wildly trying to get out. THAT is a pain in the ass.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thing FZ6 riders wear full face helmets and gear!
Can't for the life of me figure why the Harley people think it's so geeky.
Must be they are just ate up with the style thing???
Another thing a full face helmet is good for, is keeping so much pollen
from being blasted into you eyes and nose. It helps alot at those pollen
times of the year.

I actually think they look geeky - leather fringes and head scarfs with every thing they have on saying Harley somewhere...

Full protection for me all the way.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
guy i knew got hit in the chest by a bird beak-first on the highway. he was wearing leather jacket and it kicked his ass. not related to topic but this reminded me of it