For those that did the FZ1 bars

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
They were $40 from the dealer. They are way better than stock as they dont have the horrid pulled back feeling that the stock bars have. The FZ1 bar is essentially flat with a small rear sweep.

I like it much better but I did just order a pair of Rizoma bars to see if I like even better than the FZ1 bar.

Anesi

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it much better but I did just order a pair of Rizoma bars to see if I like even better than the FZ1 bar.

That's excatly the bars I had in mind for my swap. Have been adviced to do the FZ1's. They look very cool, but the Rizomas black ones just look awesome :D Please be sure to post a review, when you get them mounted (including pics will earn you extra creds ;)). Much appreciated.

/Anesi

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found it for 27 and change.....You're looking for FZ1 Steering Handle. :thumbup:

xavier296

Slow in the corners
Reaction score
Visit site
I must be dumb. Two sites, and handlebars are both 57 bucks. Maybe we aren't talking about handlebars in the steering handle pic??

Do you have to drill them to install? (you do on Ducatis for the controls)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about $35.00 at the Yamaha Store here. I had to drill a small hole for it was either for the throttle or the clutch side to keep them from turning on the bars. No biggie however. They are way better than the stock ones. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I paid about $35.00 at the Yamaha Store here. I had to drill a small hole for it was either for the throttle or the clutch side to keep them from turning on the bars. No biggie however. They are way better than the stock ones. :thumbup:

Yes, I had to drill the same hole. It seems a little tricky to get the hole dead on but take your time and use a piece of masking tape to help locate where the pilot nub goes. I'm remembering it on the throttle assembly. I loved me FZ1 bars. After that I was lucky enough to find a Matris Steering Damper (close-out priced) and what a difference in the handling!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pictures I took of my FZ6 after installing the FZ1 bar with SW-Motech 1" risers. The risers put the FZ1 bar grips at about the same height as the FZ6 bar and allows more room for adjustments without having to worry about smacking the tank with the switches.

938653191_DEPTo-M.jpg

938653577_gHiEo-L.jpg

938652881_5DmQf-M.jpg

xavier296

Slow in the corners
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are awesome, I was choosing the wrong bike for look up.

Looks like a very good ~100 buck upgrade. Next paycheck for sure.

Motohead

Reaction score
Visit site
I made the change and what noone told me was that the bars hit the tank. Bar risers fix that but you need to add the cost of that in too.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I made the change and what noone told me was that the bars hit the tank. Bar risers fix that but you need to add the cost of that in too.

Disagree. If the bars are set up correctly, they will clear the tank just fine and still provide a position which is infinitely more comfortable than stock FZ6 bar.
Many of us run FZ1 bars without any additional hardware.