Foot pegs

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: new screw in plates

somehow I don't get it. Wouldn't they increase the vibrations? The rubber was there for a reason.

well my foot pegs are real solid so the weight makes them more dence. + when you screw them down their isnt a big gape to vibrat on. just like all other street bike that have solid foot pegs like the R6,cbr, gsxr, zx, you dont get any vib and they dont have any rubber. that the only reason i can think of; i cant tell you for sure.

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

The whole sub-assembly is rubber mounted to the frame anyway. I would have thought they were rubber for grip reasons not vibration.

our bike are touring bike the rubber is just for more comfy rides over a long distance. grommit is right the ruber mount to our frame is to dapen the vibration, not the rubber on the foot pegs. every track bike will have solid foot pegs and almost all touring bike have rubber foot pegs.

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Re: luckyirishboy209 Pegs Groupbuy?

I already ordered (and received and installed), so just though I would give these pegs my best recommendation!!

If you want a good looking, well crafted mod for your bike, - this one is one you won't regret.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: luckyirishboy209 Pegs Groupbuy?

I already ordered (and received and installed), so just though I would give these pegs my best recommendation!!

If you want a good looking, well crafted mod for your bike, - this one is one you won't regret.

+1 on what FZ6sa has said,
I arranged a UK buy and they were dispatched promptly, arrived safely, installed beautifully and enhanced my ride.

Nelly

PS V1jay please contact me as I still have your pegs and would like to give them to you.

CodeMonkey

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm going to sound naive here, please forgive me if I do.

I am debating on the inserts vs. the full sets. I personally want pegs that nobody else in my town has (vs. getting mass produced and/or after market pegs). I like having the inserts for ease of installation, but the lower part of my old pegs showing just bother me. My stock pegs have that bar sticking out the bottom and it catches my pant cuff when I try to lift my legs up. I really want the full sets, but after reading on here about realigning springs and getting the pin in is making me a bit nervous. I've never removed pegs before, is it a pain? Or just slightly annoying?

Also I have a friend that rides a Harley. I'm not sure if these would fit other makes/models but I bet if he saw mine he would want a set for himself.

I'm another one who would prefer to have black pegs, but I'd rather get them the way they are now than stick to the pegs I currently have. Ever thought about powder coating a bunch of them? If not, I can use them until I get enough items to powder coat.

My bike is outside, but if I remember right the rear pegs are slightly smaller than the front ones. If this is true, do you sell smaller pegs for the rear? Or is it "one size fits all"? I'd like to get smaller ones for the rear if possible.

One last thing. You prefer Paypal? What else do you sell?

Also thank you for offering these to us.:thumbup: You could have very well stuck to making your own stuff and not sharing with others, or charge more money for these. Just wanted you to know your hard work is very appreciated. :rockon:

I figure I better get myself a set before you become burned out of making them. :p

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm going to sound naive here, please forgive me if I do.

I am debating on the inserts vs. the full sets. I personally want pegs that nobody else in my town has (vs. getting mass produced and/or after market pegs). I like having the inserts for ease of installation, but the lower part of my old pegs showing just bother me. My stock pegs have that bar sticking out the bottom and it catches my pant cuff when I try to lift my legs up. I really want the full sets, but after reading on here about realigning springs and getting the pin in is making me a bit nervous. I've never removed pegs before, is it a pain? Or just slightly annoying?

Also I have a friend that rides a Harley. I'm not sure if these would fit other makes/models but I bet if he saw mine he would want a set for himself.

I'm another one who would prefer to have black pegs, but I'd rather get them the way they are now than stick to the pegs I currently have. Ever thought about powder coating a bunch of them? If not, I can use them until I get enough items to powder coat.

My bike is outside, but if I remember right the rear pegs are slightly smaller than the front ones. If this is true, do you sell smaller pegs for the rear? Or is it "one size fits all"? I'd like to get smaller ones for the rear if possible.

One last thing. You prefer Paypal? What else do you sell?

Also thank you for offering these to us.:thumbup: You could have very well stuck to making your own stuff and not sharing with others, or charge more money for these. Just wanted you to know your hard work is very appreciated. :rockon:

I figure I better get myself a set before you become burned out of making them. :p

i thought about getting them powder coating them but the place close to my house is like 45min away, dont have all that time. as fare as taking off the whole pegs its not hard but it is alot more work the just screwing in the plates, you have to take off the brake pedale and shifter to get the pin out, at lest i did. as fare as that ball on the bottom of your stock pegs that keeps snaging your pants that unscrews with a wrench. i think its a 8mm or 10mm wrench? as fare as looks wise i think the full pegs are better looking IMO. but the srew-in plates work just as good. i perfer to use paypal but if thats a pronlem we can work somthing out. i just sold my last full foot pegs and their will be about a week wait, i still have some of the screw-in plats but they are selling real fast. i think i have two or three left right now. just pm me when you think about it? thanks

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
My pegs turned up yesterday. Less than a week to come over from the states to lil' ole engerland. Lovin em. Thanks very much oirish. Here's before and after pics. I put them on within 5 minutes of getting in the house last night. The only problem was the poor quality yamaha screw to get the old LHS one out.

Rep to LuckyIrishBoy

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site

Got my inserts yesterday and got them installed today. They look great. Thanks LuckyIrishBoy.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Joshua,

I have merged all the threads (five in all) that relate to your foot plates and pegs. There is a lot of info here it will make it easier for people to find.

Now my update, a while ago a member asked if the metal plates/pegs would increase the wear on the sole of their boots.

I have covered 1700 miles since I installed the foot plates. I am happy to report, my Hein Gericke Bulson boots are showing no adverse signs of excessive wear.

Still my #1 mod, thanks Josh.

Nelly

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that was me asking. Since putting them on I have liked the performance so well I figured some shoe loss was worth it (if it happens).

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
Got my new foot pegs in last week and finally got a nice day to take the motorcycle out and take some pictures.

These pegs are great. I can get the balls of my feet up on them and stick them on the pegs without worrying about slipping at all. They give a sure grip but allow my boots to get where they need to be to shift and brake.

They look great and feel solid. Compared to the original pegs that came on the bike, these feel much sturdier and better quality.

Great job, Luckyirishboy. Thanks again!:thumbup:

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my new foot pegs in last week and finally got a nice day to take the motorcycle out and take some pictures.

These pegs are great. I can get the balls of my feet up on them and stick them on the pegs without worrying about slipping at all. They give a sure grip but allow my boots to get where they need to be to shift and brake.

They look great and feel solid. Compared to the original pegs that came on the bike, these feel much sturdier and better quality.

Great job, Luckyirishboy. Thanks again!:thumbup:

i am glade you like them:thumbup: thanks for the pics. be safe and have fun:rockon:

Steoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Lucky Irish,

The pegs look top quality, i've been lookin for pegs with decent grip. Stock pegs are no use for the Irish weather.
Do you ship to Ireland? I so how much would you charge for set of front pegs and shipping to Ireland.