First service tomorrow! :o

Sosu2211

Super Furry Animal
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I have the bike booked in for it's first service. :eek:

Gone a little over 1000kms, now at 1150kms, but I'm sure it won't do anything adverse... just wondering, anything I should look out for? Anything I should be aware of with dealers/service this time around?

I was going to do the service myself (just checking bolts, chain lube and oil change right?), but at only 60Euro, and a nice stamp in the service book, I figured not only would I get peace of mind, but my warranty and resale value would suffer if I didn't get an official stamp!

Anyhow, it got me reflecting on the ownership experience so far... I have to say that with only 1 or 2kms (locking up in the rain in the middle of the night the one exception!), I have had a huge grin on my face the whole time, and am more and more convinced I made the right choice for me with the FZ6n! :D

Last edited:
That's just gonna depend on your shop tech!
I got mine used & immediately took it in for a service & I was there at his side the whole time cause I knew after this I was gonna do it myself. And I just wanted to see what was where & so on. He was very good & I had no problems.
I also took it in to have to recalls done - same thing.
Then I had a leak in one of the forks so I took it off & brought it in - still ok.
So my opinion is if the tech is good then there'll be no problems. Ask around to get some opinions.

Mark you oil filter. Put a big X on it with a knife or screwdriver, to let them know you will be scrutinizing their work. At my first and last dealer service I wish I would have marked my filter I don't think they changed it. You might even try to mark you oil drain plug somehow.

Thanks for the advice! The oil filter is now marked with a nice cross and photographed... fingers crossed I get a good mechanic! :)

Back