First Bike Good Deal?

Shmizler

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I've been thinking about getting a bike for a while but being where I am (Northern Ontario Thunder Bay) There aernt too many bikes around and the ones that are get jacked up in price. However I found

Make Yamaha
Model FZ
Year 2004
Kilometers 24000
Engine Displacement (cc) 600
Colour Blue
Price 4000$

24000kms. Great shape all around. Not safetied but will have no problem passing one. Always indoor stored, New tires to go along with it. No problems with the bike. Very comfortable sport bike. Very similar engine to the R6

The pictures all look clean doesnt look like there is any damage and was wondering if thats a good price?

Thanks!

granda080

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with DrastiK. That isn't a very good deal. For 4k, you should be looking for newer and lower miles. Sometimes it's best to drive a little further and get a better bike and a better deal.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
It's the law of supply and demand, so don't get too involved with what others are paying in places like CA or FL where there are tons of bikes available. Many will say it's a bad price but you may be stuck with it as far as the local market is concerned. In your case you just don't have much choice because the market there just doesn't have much to choose from. Any chance of you buying something in Minneapolis area and trailering it back? It's only 350 miles. You'll have better selection and much better pricing. Just a thought.

Shmizler

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh Wish I had that deal haha I have been looking around that area but I've never really purchased anything from the states and had to bring it over the border (Except alot of booze) Would I just buy the bike then bring it to the border pay the extra tax and thats all?

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh Wish I had that deal haha I have been looking around that area but I've never really purchased anything from the states and had to bring it over the border (Except alot of booze) Would I just buy the bike then bring it to the border pay the extra tax and thats all?

It's not quite that simple. There's some paper work to do, that needs to be done ahead of time.
This site has all the information.

Shmizler

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh how I dislike paperwork. My buddy from work told me that some dealers from the states take care of most the paperwork and ship it to the border if you purchase a bike from them? Has anyone heard of that? If so what dealership?

Also if anyone see's any good deals for bikes for around 3-4g around the border drop me a msg :-D

shuckle

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh how I dislike paperwork. My buddy from work told me that some dealers from the states take care of most the paperwork and ship it to the border if you purchase a bike from them? Has anyone heard of that? If so what dealership?

Also if anyone see's any good deals for bikes for around 3-4g around the border drop me a msg :-D

I knew there was a thread on here somewhere about this. This article details his importing experience. http://www.600riders.com/forum/ontario/4463-fz6-buying-experience-could-happen-you.html