First Bike and New Owner

N Spec

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2006 Shift Red with 2600 miles on it. Already put like 400 miles on it and I have become quite addicted to riding it! It feels great and it came with some mods that I didn't favor so you may find them for sale in the other forums. Just thought I would share.

newtoy.jpg

Wideban2.jpg

Yea, puts a smile on face everytime I come out to the driveway...
Wideban.jpg

I bought it thinking it was going match my car, but it looks a lot brighter in pictures than compared to the actual color. O well, still a pretty rare color around these parts.
driveway.jpg

Here it is right when I purchased it. I traveled ~270 miles to get this color combo and price (~$4700).
Haul.jpg

Screw the bike...I want the NSX!!! :rockon:

Niiiiice car. I guess if you can have two toys why not both!

Is that a Corbin seat on your FZ6? If so, please let us know how your butt feels after a couple hours in the saddle.

Keep safe and welcome.

John

Hey, really nice NSX -it'll be a classic if it isn't one already. Congrats on your purchase. Make sure to invest in good gear.

Hey, welcome aboard! Congrats on the new bike... looks great! And only 2600 miles on it when you got it? Nice. :thumbup: Enjoy!

Congrats and WELCOME!!! Glad your here with us man. You will love that corbin seat. My butt is happy now. I almost dont remember how bad the stock was now.

Thanks for comments guys. We got to be safe out there!

wrightme43:
The Corbin is definately a bit thicker than stock. I just sold it for $140 + a stock seat a few minutes ago and I found out that I had been riding around with a self inflicted highered seat! :tard: I am by no means a tall person, 5'10ish with a 31 inseam barefeet, so with the highered seat I could barely flatfoot both feet, but I still managed. Now I can bend my knees!

It appears that the person I bought it from didn't put it on right and I followed their mistake. This was found out after I tried to put the stock seat on and the guy pointed out that I had to tuck the front under the bracket and slide! No wonder the front looked a lil gappy?

Man I feel stupid. I like the cleaner look of stock seats anyways, a thinner and narrower than the Corbin, so it's more comfortable to me. Don't get me wrong the corbin looks badass, but it's not for me.

I bought a 2006 Shift Red with 2600 miles on it. Already put like 400 miles on it and I have become quite addicted to riding it! It feels great and it came with some mods that I didn't favor so you may find them for sale in the other forums. Just thought I would share.

newtoy.jpg

Wideban2.jpg

Yea, puts a smile on face everytime I come out to the driveway...
Wideban.jpg

I bought it thinking it was going match my car, but it looks a lot brighter in pictures than compared to the actual color. O well, still a pretty rare color around these parts.
driveway.jpg

Here it is right when I purchased it. I traveled ~270 miles to get this color combo and price (~$4700).
Haul.jpg
How much did ya pay? If you don't mind me asking.

$4700-$4800ish. I say that cause I also paid about $150 in gas, trailer rental and hardware to secure the bike to the trailer. Also spent a whole day traveling. Can't remember the exact sum for the extra stuff. I basically just made it back tho after I sold the seat for $140. What can I say? I like the stock seat's feel better, but the corbins is full leather, that was a plus. Now if I can get someone that is interested in the 1 inch handle bar risers... :D

Bargin........Yeah I thought that one of the shorter legged fellas would snap them up.

nelly

5-10, I'm about an inch shorter than ya. I have no issues touching the ground. I might be touching the tip of my boots or I'm barely flat footed. It helps if you have boots on, rather than normal shoes in which I hope you aren't wearing.

All right? Who is the lucky member who got the Corbin seat?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Welcome to the forum. As a 1st time bike owner and relatively new member this place is great for info and opinions. Best part is almost all opinions are respected here. a change of pace from other places. By the way, that NSX is quite the ride! Ever do some track time with it? Must be an amazing car to drive.

Actually, the Corbin was bought by a local FZ6 rider around my area, thanks to Craigslist. He wanted it pretty bad and gave me more than what I was asking cause the plastic clip under the stock seat was giving me some issues.

Yea, I can now pretty much fully flat foot both feet in regular tennis shoes as tested with a quick ride before the storm came. Lol, it helps not riding around with a hopped up seat, I'm such a tard....

The NSX is a blast to drive, haven't had any track time it, but I daily drive it and it's comfortable and reliable enough to do so. Definately worth every penny.

Back