First big trip

rjo3491

Missing The Fiz-Sometimes
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all:

Just learned that in two weeks my wife, her twin sister, my mother and law, and all of their / our FEMALE offspring will be conducting the annual event I've come to call, "Camp Estrogen" in Northern Michigan. Each year, I've managed to find something else to do [yep, even work] to avoid the event at all costs. This year, I'm climbing on the fZ6 and heading in another direction [any other direction]. Here's where I'm open to suggestions - btw, I'm in the metro Detroit area.

I can head South - into the hills of Tennessee
I can head North - around Lake Superior
I can head West - into the Dakotas
I can head East - into Quebec

Those that have toured these areas, I'd appreciate your recommendations.

Also, I'm purchasing a video camera for the bike to record some of the trip. Looking for recommendations for a good unit there as well. Would like something that will mount on the bike or my helmet and will give clean video with minimal, "shake" it should be weather proof as well. Would also like to be able to make still photos as well so I don't have to take two cameras.

Thanks all - I haven't done anything like this since before I was married, I'm really excited!

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all:

(stuff snipped :BLAA: )

I can head North - around Lake Superior

(more stuff snipped :D )

Thanks all - I haven't done anything like this since before I was married, I'm really excited!

I spent 4 years at LSSC (not what it's known as now) in "the Soo" back in the 80s and a trip around the Lake was something I would have done (wanted to do) had my vehicle been more dependable and I hadn't been a dirt poor student. If you go, just watch out for the "fudgies" (and I'm not referring to what happens when you get the "crap" scared outta ya :rof:).

larcklorn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been dying to do the Canada 17 trip over to Thunder Bay on a bike - I took it with my dad as a high school graduation trip and it was spectacular. So there is my vote.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't sound like you need much of an excuse to avoid it.

I vote TN.

I love driving some of the expressways (I-75) in a car down there ... so I can only imagine the fun it would be to hop on some good roads on the bike.