First Annual Deals Gap FZ6RC Meet 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildboar613

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, the Gap and the Skyway are usually a mess on the holidays. Lately with all the law enforcement its been more cruisers than anything. Today they had to pull a Harley out of a tree on the Gap.

W

wrightme43

Ok
What do you guys think about changing it May 30th (fri) May 31st (sat) June 1st (sun) check out Monday June 2cnd? Is that better?
I am open, I can't do it earlier than May 23, and its gets just stupid hot the later in June/July we go.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm really close to throwing my hat in the ring on this one.....just not sure if I'm ready for the gap, or a ride with a group this size. But then i've got a full 7 months to work up to it.

Also, and i KNOW i'm gonna catch flak for this one, is there any way to fit a vegetarian into those eating arrangements?

W

wrightme43

Yeah man, not a problem at all.
Do you eat cheese and eggs or just straight vegtables?
I mean tortellini alfredo - chicken (easy) garlic bread, and veg.
eggs, cereal, just no bacon.
Bbq squash or what ever you like just let me know. Its not a biggy at all.

Basicly in a area like that its better IMO to space out, ride your own ride, then regroup at designated areas. Ride the Pace and not race. Its for fun.
We are not going to be riding stagered and on top of each other. I dont like riding like that either.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really that picky, cheese and eggs are totally cool with me.

I'll keep thinking about it. Don't take it the wrong way, I'd really like to meet you guys, I just have an inexplicable fear of making plans more than 2 weeks in advance. Most likely what's going to happen is that I'll stay on the fence about it until the last minute and then decide to ride down anyway.

W

wrightme43

It looks like we have a solid seven already if Mike in Fl is happy with the date change to
May 30th-31st and June 1st. I agree it will probley be better with out the holiday traffic.
My girl doesnt know for sure if she will be able to get off work yet, so I put her in the maybe, and Shaggy in the maybe.
Two more and I will open paypal and prepay instead of just reserving the Treetops. If we get OVER 15 people to comit by Christmas we will rent the Point as well. That will give us two large houses right next to each other and no one will have to bring sleeping bags.
I will keep a seperate log of money in, money out, number of days stayed, and such. It will be open to anyone to see who has paid what and why.
Also Free Tank of Gas to the rider from the farthest away.

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
I would be all in but hmmmmmmm, that's oh 4000km away! Plus the end of may is not necessarily bike riding weather around here. I can remember driving through a foot of snow south of edmonton going somewhere for the long weekend. too bad, maybe next time if it's closer. :Sport:

W

wrightme43

Awww
Thats just 40 hours if you ride at 100km/h. Less than two days if you dont sleep. LOL.
I guess you guys are going to need a Vancover or Victoria meet. Or maybe meet with the western chapter. LOL

W

wrightme43

No its $205 a night, plus 10% tax, plus a few other fees, plus a cleaning fee. With a three night minumum.

So Around $235 x 3= $705 plus 25$ cleaning fee = $730

Plus food.
Around $150-$200 will buy plenty of good food, snacks and such.
So
$730 + 200 for food = $930.
$930/9 people = $103 each.
$930/10 people = $93 each.
$930/11 people = $84.55 each.
There are nine beds.
5 of them are doubles and 4 of them are singles.
So we could have comfortable 5 couples to take the total to 14 people/ +$66.42 each
Or we can use the couch for one more person.
That is where I slept last year and it is comfy. There are plenty of blankets.

Basicly. Plan for there only being 7 people @ $132 each using the most expensive estimate of food.
Plan on double the number of gas stops at $20 each. So a extra $120 in fuel. So say $250 for the weekend. I can assure you it will be less than that. That will give you extra to get t-shirts and such.
In reality it should end up around $75 for the weekend with all food except lunches, and what ever you use in fuel.

W

wrightme43

P.S. I like to save money too. This is the most cost effective and fun way for me to get to go to.

W

wrightme43

Yep but its a old slow 12 cup maker. No Bunn machine. If I take the truck (if Shelly comes since I cant have my huge saddle bags and her on the bike) I will bring the Bunn. If not we have to wait for coffee. I hate waiting for coffee.

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im in. My old man wants to go but he is not sure yet if he can go. He works one of them last min. jobs and emergencys. So if i pay for 2 do I loose that money? If he cant go i will will be there but trailering my bike in from Texas if he dosent go. :Sport: Were do I pay?
Thanks

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
If he cant go i will will be there but trailering my bike in from Texas if he dosent go

Say it aint so man!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.