Finding an FZ1

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
About a week ago I began to search around at local dealers for a either gently used or new Fz1. My search turned up nothing. Today one of the dealers did a search for me. He informed me that not a single dealership in New York state or northern PA has a Fz1 in stock.

I did look on ebay, non listed within like 100 miles of here.

I know a couple of the guys on here have switched to Fz1's. Did you guys have a tough time finding one?

Did you buy from a dealer? or private seller?

So now the thought in my head is.... I will have to just settle for whatever one I can find. I wont be able to pick one I want, out of year or color, or if it had low miles or not.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have never had a problem finding one to drool over..... and i know that FZ1inNH stumbled on his at a dealership while there for maintenance on his wifes bike and fell in love with it.

If you feel like making a trip of it (i am about 5 hours from you) i know some people that work at and are in management of some dealerships in Mass. that always seem to want to help....

PS i have some friends in Binghamton, nice area out there

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I always figured that if you find the right bike somewhere far away on ebay, then you just fly your helmet and gear out there with you in a carry-on and make an adventure of getting her home. Did that with a volvo once. New Jersey is not for me.

Wade Poulsen

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Washington State...I just bought (last week) a new 2009 FZ1 Raven. They have another new 2009 and a couple of 2010... It's a ways away... but shipping would be about $250.00 to new york...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
searchtempest.com lets you search all the craigslist sites with a mileage radius of your zip code - pretty handy for things like bikes/cars where you'd be willing to go further than your immediate locality to get what you want...

kinderwood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Deptford Yamaha down here in Jersey by Philly has a very nice looking red one with 6.2k and remaining factory warranty. I saw it in person and it looks very good. dhy.com 856-848-8500

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
I just want to say thank you for all the info. I am putting phone numbers and information together, to start making phone calls.

There is the '07 for $6k in NH.
Does seem like a pretty fair price doesnt it?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to look for used bikes - don't forget to search this area on Craigs List - I see FZ1's there frequently.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just want to say thank you for all the info. I am putting phone numbers and information together, to start making phone calls.

There is the '07 for $6k in NH.
Does seem like a pretty fair price doesnt it?

Depending on what they come back with for a report on the condition... If it is in great condition, it's a steal with 3.8k miles on it. She's barely broken in.

Another benefit to the '07 over an '06 is the fuel cutoff. The '06 has a LONG FC and has caused much grief in aggressive cornering hence the invention from Ivan for the Fuel Cut Eliminator or FCE ($200.00) But, with the '07 through '09, this was mostly fixed by Yamaha and the FCE is not really needed UNLESS you plan on heavy track days. The new 2010 has the newer 32 bit ECU and the EFI has totally changed. We're still sorting out what, if any, issues are coming up with the new owners.

The cool part about the NH National Powersports is they are BRUTALLY HONEST when it comes to describing the bike, pointing out flaws/defects and telling you what you need, if anything, to make the bike right. They even will tell you what it costs, to the penny, for them to fix it for you before you arrive. BTW, they negotiate a little, but not a lot. They already typically ask a fair price.

No, I do not know them nor do I get kickbacks. I just like for local NH businesses to get sales and keep our folks in business!

Either Rob or I can even go take extra pics of look it over for you too. But if you DO come up to buy it, let us know! We'd gladly take you on a tour in the area before you head back (maybe stay a weekend?)

Good luck in the search!

-Eric

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Depending on what they come back with for a report on the condition... If it is in great condition, it's a steal with 3.8k miles on it. She's barely broken in.

Another benefit to the '07 over an '06 is the fuel cutoff. The '06 has a LONG FC and has caused much grief in aggressive cornering hence the invention from Ivan for the Fuel Cut Eliminator or FCE ($200.00) But, with the '07 through '09, this was mostly fixed by Yamaha and the FCE is not really needed UNLESS you plan on heavy track days. The new 2010 has the newer 32 bit ECU and the EFI has totally changed. We're still sorting out what, if any, issues are coming up with the new owners.

The cool part about the NH National Powersports is they are BRUTALLY HONEST when it comes to describing the bike, pointing out flaws/defects and telling you what you need, if anything, to make the bike right. They even will tell you what it costs, to the penny, for them to fix it for you before you arrive. BTW, they negotiate a little, but not a lot. They already typically ask a fair price.

No, I do not know them nor do I get kickbacks. I just like for local NH businesses to get sales and keep our folks in business!

Either Rob or I can even go take extra pics of look it over for you too. But if you DO come up to buy it, let us know! We'd gladly take you on a tour in the area before you head back (maybe stay a weekend?)

Good luck in the search!

-Eric

Agreed! they also allow test rides there, so i would be more than happy to go check it out for you :). and definately let us know if you make the trip here to see it, it would be nice to meet a semi local rider and show you the area.

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I didnt get a chance to call them. Busy day at work. Try to find time tomorrow.

Looking at my schedule, the first available weekend I would be able to make the trip up there would be the weekend of the 27th and 28th.

So I will talk to them about the bike, I am feeling cautious at this point. for the fact that a '06 with more miles is right next to it for the same price. So I will talk to them and let you guys know if I will be making the trip. Thanks everyone

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Washington State...I just bought (last week) a new 2009 FZ1 Raven. They have another new 2009 and a couple of 2010... It's a ways away... but shipping would be about $250.00 to new york...

I think shipping would be a tad higher. I paid $495 from Texas to New York. I can give a recommendation on a transport company if interested.