Finally arriving...

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: 2007+ PowerBronze lowers installed. Pics

According to UPS, the package containing my "brand-new-to-the-world" 2007+ Powerbronze Lowers that i ordered 8 weeks ago will be here tomorrow. I can't wait! They said I was the second person to place an order for them, and as much as I have bugged them, I should probably be the first person to hold them. :Flip:

I am planning on fitting them on as soon as I receive the box. And I will take them off soon after to take them, along with my other parts, to the paint shop to get the infamous "SUPERFAST red tri-coat" applied to them while I am away counseling at church camp all next week. I also will be taking the header, cat-eliminator pipe, and Two Brothers 'y' pipe to get ceramic coated black. Should look sick with everything on and together.

Any who. Thought i would share the excitement.

Last edited:

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
ok do post pictures when they are up...quite curious to know how they are different from the OEM lowers

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: 2007+ PowerBronze Lowers Installed

I will post more pictures as soon as they are painted. As for now here are a few "out of the box" photos.

While i was waiting on the items to get to me i stared worrying about the silver mesh being cheap or flimsy. it is indeed neither of those. it is installed nicely in the back of the fairing and is pretty rigid. i think it will look great with a few leds behind each one. As for mounting them, each side has 3 odly shped brackets that fit behind various exsiting bolts and the very top bolts up behind the rear-upper fairing bolt.

No i am not using the paint from colorite. 1. it is way to expensive (double the cost for the red vs the blue because the red is a tri-coat system and colorrite charges 120$ for each of the two color coats) 2. i did not want to wait on the paint.

I had the shop that is painting it check it out and also the local napa shop. Seperately, Both identified the paint to be an almost identical match to the Ford Mustang (laser red) color. The shop pulled out a paint card and it matched as exactly as anyone there could tell. And the napa store used some sort of a high tech paint identifying camera and it too identified it as Laser Red from the early 2000's mustangs.

The shop is provinding all the paint and materials and is only charging 400$ to paint the lowers, the tcp seat cowl, the rear fender, and both of the small black seat fairings. (6 pieces total) I thought it was a good deal seeing as enough of the paint alone from colorrite would cost 250-300$

The ugly headers and exhaust pipes in these pics will be no more as well, as they will all be ceramic coated black.

like i said i will post pics of the paint job late next week when i pick the parts up.

View attachment 18226View attachment 18227

View attachment 18228View attachment 18229

View attachment 18230View attachment 18231

View attachment 18232View attachment 18233