• Hell yeah

Votes: 251 78.4%
  • Don't ruin your bike.

Votes: 69 21.6%

• Total voters

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
After looking at every FE kit I could find on the web and drilling down to the Evotech I then ended up pulling trigger on the Targa kit. I hope I like it as it will be at my house in 2 days.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I have a FE on my bike and I like the way is looks much better. I bought mine off of Ebay from a guy who makes them himself. They are very well made and works with the stock turn singles and plate light. He even includes color instructions. His seller name is 3679larry; he has 100% feed back and only makes them for the FZ6. Just my 2 cents. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-0...torcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_631wt_1598

I like that FE kit, but I'm biased since it's my FZ6 in the pictures. I never thought my before/after FE kit pictures would get used so much. :Flash:

That is the original FAZR6 FE kit.

Fastwagon

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 for the Fazr6 kits I got one for my wife's bike after getting a noname one for mine and hers was a much easier install, and looks much nicer.... also retains stock license plate light

Ramiro

Reaction score
Visit site
I did it my self...

DSC00343.jpg

deadbug

Sandwich Eater
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing this generic FE? I'm trying to stick it on my 2006 FZ6.

Amazon: Fender Eliminator - Yamaha FZ6 2006-2007 - Black

It says "Allow the use of license plate lights and OEM or aftermarket turn signals", but it's totally not obvious how to cram the OEM stalks into the hole they've provided. (see pics)

The hole is way too big for the threaded portion. Maybe it's meant for the wires to go through, but, in that case, I don't know how I'm supposed to attach the stalk itself.

I could just crank the existing nut down to wedge the stalk in, but, with only one point of support, I'm sure that the signals are going to be pointing straight down after a single ride, if the nut doesn't just fall off altogether.

Any experience with this thing? I just sent an email to the place that sold it to me (D2Moto), but my hopes are not high. At least it was relatively cheap!

(Sorry if this has been brought up before; I searched around for a while, but couldn't find anything.)

darkstofknightz

Reaction score
Visit site
A washer for the inside and outside Deadbug might make it more sturdy, but pretty much all of those signals are one bolt. And yes, the hole is that big because of the wires. (most aftermarket stalks have the wires inside the bolt which is hollow)

I'm not sure if your on a budget but there are some LED aftermarket turn signals that are brighter than stock and would install easier that are pretty inexpensive, might want to look into that before you go rewiring it with something your not totally happy with.

malicious439

The Technician
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing this generic FE? I'm trying to stick it on my 2006 FZ6.

Amazon: Fender Eliminator - Yamaha FZ6 2006-2007 - Black

It says "Allow the use of license plate lights and OEM or aftermarket turn signals", but it's totally not obvious how to cram the OEM stalks into the hole they've provided. (see pics)

The hole is way too big for the threaded portion. Maybe it's meant for the wires to go through, but, in that case, I don't know how I'm supposed to attach the stalk itself.

I could just crank the existing nut down to wedge the stalk in, but, with only one point of support, I'm sure that the signals are going to be pointing straight down after a single ride, if the nut doesn't just fall off altogether.

Any experience with this thing? I just sent an email to the place that sold it to me (D2Moto), but my hopes are not high. At least it was relatively cheap!

(Sorry if this has been brought up before; I searched around for a while, but couldn't find anything.)

I actually got this unit and it didn't fit at all! the bracket that is nearest to the turn signals will not fit on the bracket attaching under the exhaust, it was too narrow.

It may just be a bad unit, but I sent the ebay seller the message and he refunded everything including shipping without responding back, so they might know this is a common issue.

Same unit also sells for $10 on ebay...:-/

adamrmac

Yamaholic
Reaction score
Visit site
I would get some scorpion or aftermarket exhaust first if you dont have them. I think the FE kit just doesnt look as good with stock exhaust.

kyledogg88

Reaction score
Visit site
got mine for 9 bucks and it seems to work pretty good
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Eliminator-Yamaha-2006-2008-Black/dp/B002WEY7LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313974601&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Fender Eliminator - Yamaha FZ6 2006-2008 - Black: Automotive[/ame]

IMAG0002-1.jpg

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Before
1507t.jpg

After
View attachment 37855

View attachment 37856

I build my FE for somewhere around 22$ including turn signals. If you want a description of how I built and wired mine, I'd be glad to write it up for you. Save yourself some money, and get a sense of accomplishment for customizing it yourself rather than a pre-fabbed kit.

I will gladly take this write up if it's not too much trouble for you :cheer:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took mine off ,Wolfman got defected for one and I believe Vegasrider has a stock fender too.

What did they defect?

Did it have a light, or did they have issue with the removal rear section? (hugger)

Just trying to see if I can tread a line between using an FE and satisfying the requirements. (anyone know of the actual legal requirements?)

Cheers,
Rick

(I'll see if I can find any legislative requirements tonight, but if anybody has some more info, that might make my search easier, please let me know)

Last edited: