Fender eliminator for $0

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! Great write up! I've been thinking about something like this myself to save some money - will definitely give it a go! :Flash:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well done! That is very creative and looks great!

BTW, you don't need to use high-temp paint....the stock exhaust cover is made out of plastic, so heat is not an issue.

Stevenator

I'll be back...eventually
Reaction score
Visit site
THANKS for the great write up!!! I've been meaning to do something like this for quite a while. I'm going to start in on it after work today :rockon:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Boneman
BTW, you don't need to use high-temp paint....the stock exhaust cover is made out of plastic, so heat is not an issue.

That's true, forgot about that, any paint will do I bet. To be completely honest I have not taken it back apart to paint yet, I will to prevent rust though.

FYI for anyone thinking about doing this. I just did this yesterday and it is untried as far as clearance from the tire to the plate. I noticed it is close but I have not had it rub, but I have not rode 2up or gotten real aggressive in the corners yet since installing it. I really should have tested it before posting. I will test ride and post asap.:spank:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure if theres a big difference when you have different exhausts, but when I was installing my rizoma FE, I had some issues at first when connecting the FE kit to the black bit comming from behind the plastic covers on the side. if I didn't make sure that was tight the entire rear end of the bike could be moved from left to right :eek:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
WELL, after test riding in all possible situations, 2up over speed bumps made it rub. I see why they are installed farther out on the tail, so.......chalk it up to R&D. This solution was to fab a small extension plate and put a slight angle to it.

Last edited: