Fenda Extenda

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to fit a fenda extenda but I'm unsure if the Pyramid matt black item will look like a sore thumb fitted to my gloss black guard. I have found a gloss black item on eBay but its not a Pyramid and I worry about its quality.

Anyone fitted a matt black item to their gloss guard or am I worrying about a quality issue that doesn't exist?

Cheers

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to fit a fenda extenda but I'm unsure if the Pyramid matt black item will look like a sore thumb fitted to my gloss black guard. I have found a gloss black item on eBay but its not a Pyramid and I worry about its quality.

Anyone fitted a matt black item to their gloss guard or am I worrying about a quality issue that doesn't exist?

Cheers
I have. Check my website for pics. sangera2.com

Or you could spray it black afterwards.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Joe!

Yep, it looks fine. Should you not like the matt color, tape it off and re-paint it. Being matt black, it not nearly as noticable as if it were blue(in my case).

I used regular ABS glue (no screws) on the FE side ONLY and lots of clamps...

The below pictures are the FE un-painted. I did tape off the painted part of the fender so NO GLUE got on it. I also put marks on both the FE and fender for alignment purposes as you have to move quick and another set of hands helps. Masking tape on the FE (that shows) helps keep it clean..

Between the FE and my radiator guard, my fan is quite safe from any rocks/pebbles from jambing it up. The guard is bare aluminum for illustration purposes only, it is painted black and closes off that little nook between the radiator and the fan quite nicely.. Tthe lowest, right picture shows the bracket marked/stamped for correct fitment.

Last edited:

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Joe!

Yep, it looks fine. Should you not like the matt color, tape it off and re-paint it. Being matt black, it not nearly as noticable as if it were blue(in my case).

I used regular ABS glue (no screws) on the FE side ONLY and lots of clamps...

The below pictures are the FE un-painted. I did tape off the painted part of the fender so NO GLUE got on it. I also put marks on both the FE and fender for alignment purposes as you have to move quick and another set of hands helps. Masking tape on the FE (that shows) helps keep it clean..

Between the FE and my radiator guard, my fan is quite safe from any rocks/pebbles from jambing it up. The guard is bare aluminum for illustration purposes only, it is painted black and closes off that little nook between the radiator and the fan quite nicely.. Tthe lowest, right picture shows the bracket marked/stamped for correct fitment.

Amazing! What a great forum this is, thank you for a great guide on fitting the extenda and some handy info on the aluminium guard you have. Out of interest what are the dimensions of that aluminium guard? I could probably knock one out in work.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing! What a great forum this is, thank you for a great guide on fitting the extenda and some handy info on the aluminium guard you have. Out of interest what are the dimensions of that aluminium guard? I could probably knock one out in work.

I have some extra's made up but shipping over sea's isn't cheap but here's a picture with a ruler to give you an idea.

Make sure it isn't actually rubbing up against the bottom of the radiator too.

Last edited:

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
I have some extra's made up but shipping over sea's isn't cheap but here's a picture with a ruler to give you an idea.

Make sure it isn't actually rubbing up against the bottom of the radiator too.

Not too worry I'm sure I can knock it up in work without too much fuss. Once again many thanks