FAZR6 F/E Kit License Plate mount

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

So I had a bummer yesterday. I installed a set of carbon fiber scorps on Friday and was out riding yesterday, Saturday, enjoying the growl and the scream and the grunt of the new pipes. After riding for a while I come home, pull up in my parking lot and notice that my license plate fell off! I have no idea where it fell off, because there was no way I was going to hear that thing drop off over the sound of the exhaust. I am inclined to believe that the extra vibration of the exhaust combined with poor quality screws from the dealer caused this to happen.

Anyways, I have already started the procedure to get replacement plates, police report and such, but I am wondering if I can fix the plate more securely on that license plate mount. The plate (NY state) is slightly bigger than the mount and so I can fix it with only 2 screws. Have any of you guys run in to a similar problem that the plate was bigger than the mount? If yes, how can I make it more secure? Any help is appreciated. I have to get this done quick because as long as I don't have plates, my bike is grounded!!

Thanks,
M.